Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work situation

Options
  • 25-10-2013 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I recently took a job offer I had a qualification in but no experience in. There was somebody doing it a few hours a week who was unwilling to do it as a full time role when the role expanded. Now this person is still there doing the job I was told that the work would be gradually moved to me and they would be finishing. It's been a month an there is no sign of this happening I left my previous job for this one and now I'm not even doing the work I applied for and have job title for. I am really annoyed about this as there is not enough work for both of us and the days are so long for me while work is sitting there waiting for this person to come in and do it. There is no HR department

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

have you asked the person who hired you what the situation is? I have heard this happen before to a friend, after a few months the other person decided not to leave so they had to find my friend a diff job. Talk to your hirer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

I asked yesterday and I was told they would speak to me once this other person had left but I was finished for the day before them and manager is now on holidays for two weeks. I find I'm gettin crappy jobs to fill my time and while I wouldn't mind doing them in addition to what I'm supposed to be doing I don't want to be doing them on a full time basis and traveling over a hour and half to do I was only willing to travel so much for the experience I thought I would be getting

Advertisement