Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Roof - Any Recommendations?

Options
  • 25-10-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

With the increase in rainfall we're after finding a leak in our roof. Does anyone have any recommendations for a professional to come fix it? Preferably someone they've used themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Is it definitely the roof leaking?
    Not some pipes or connections in the attic
    Or a sewer pipe connection disconnected from the roof in the attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is it definitely the roof leaking?
    Not some pipes or connections in the attic
    Or a sewer pipe connection disconnected from the roof in the attic?

Well I'm not too sure to be honest. In the main bedroom there is a leak right where the ceiling meets the wall of the bedroom- which is to the front of the house. The 'leak' is situated right between two outside air vents which are situated in the wood that runs just underneath the part of the roof that juts out in front of the window.

Does that make sense to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I used Paddy from SOS roofing a few years ago when my roof was leaking and he also did some work for the parents last year and we've had no problems .

http://sosroofingandguttering.goldenpages.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well I'm not too sure to be honest. In the main bedroom there is a leak right where the ceiling meets the wall of the bedroom- which is to the front of the house. The 'leak' is situated right between two outside air vents which are situated in the wood that runs just underneath the part of the roof that juts out in front of the window.

Does that make sense to you?

Fascia and soffit is the thing under the roof :)

Doesn't sound to bad tbh, might be just something moved from wind etc. If you dont get sorted send me a PM.

Advertisement