Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVR recommendations

• 25-10-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new AVR, but so far I've not found what I am looking for.

This would be a list of must haves:
    • It would have to handle 5.1 in zone 1 and stereo in zone 2.
    • HDMI outs.
    • Spotify support.
    • It can't be higher than 140mm, it will need to fit into a space that is 150mm high.

So far the closest AVR I've come across is the Marantz NR1604, but it has only 1 HDMI out. Is there anything similar with 2 HDMI out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HifiHut: Daniel

If you don't need matrix switching on the HDMI ports (as in watching different sources on the different outputs independently) you could just use a simple HDMI splitter on the output.

As far as I know, none of the 'slim' AV receivers have 2 HDMI outputs. The new Yamaha and Pioneer models are only 5.1/6.1 also, so even the 2nd zone is rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Got sidetracked and only getting around to this now.

Going to go with the Marantz NR1604, it fits my needs best in terms of size and what it offers. Looking to put speakers together.

Thinking of going with the svs sb12-nsd, would rather the svs pb12-nsd but it would never get past the aesthetics police!

Thinking of keeping it straightforward for the speakers, same all around. Floor speakers would be too big, bookshelfs are also a little big. I am down to 3 sets,

B&W M1s
    paradigm milleniaone
    Kef t205

Anyone experience with any of these? Leaning towards the Paradigms at the moment. Unfortunately I have no where to even go and listen to them, I can only locate them in the UK and Poland.

As part of our deal with Anthem as their exclusive retailer in the Republic of Ireland we have access to the complete Paradigm range.

We don't have the Millenia series on demo at the moment, but I can definitely ask the question. Which specifically were you interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

As part of our deal with Anthem as their exclusive retailer in the Republic of Ireland we have access to the complete Paradigm range.

We don't have the Millenia series on demo at the moment, but I can definitely ask the question. Which specifically were you interested in?

Thanks Daniel. Unfortunately I'm living in Germany at the moment. I'm just looking for what people's experience with these speakers. I've read reviews and the Paradigms seem the most favourable. Ideally I would like to be able to listen to them first, but probably not possible. Paradigm seem to only deal with a very limited set of retailers, and so far I can't find any here in Germany.

Ah yes, I should have read your location!

I can't help you there, but from my experience the Paradigm speakers are of an excellent quality across the board and really shine with home theater. Their subs in particular are the best in the business.

Best of luck in the search

• Advertisement
Advertisement