Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spag Bol?

Options
  • 25-10-2013 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i know this is a silly question but please enlighten me. so made a spaghetti bolognese Tuesday night. Saved a couple pots of the bolognese for LO and put them straight in the fridge for his lunch for the following 2 days. He missed out yesterday's pot as had something else. So I'm wondering if it's ok to give him the pot today (it's still in the fridge)? or would it be spoiled by now? This is it's 3rd day in the fridge. Or will I just bin it. I usually try and use cooked meat by 48 hours. But just seems a waste is all. I should try and freeze things more often!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I would say it's fine. Mince once cooked tends to last for a bit. The rule of thumb I have for my lo is if I would eat it then its ok for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's fine. I'd often have cooked mince for 3-4 days in fridge. Once it's not being taken in and out of the fridge its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

As long as the fridge is working correctly (isn't overstocked, isn't too warm etc), then 3 to 4 days is normally ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks guys, while I'm on to it... Is this the same for chicken (chicken cassoroles etc.)? I can keep that in fridge or LO for 3 days aswell? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say yes; any cooked meat should be fine for 3 days if it's kept in the fridge

• Advertisement
Advertisement