Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a router for UPC

• 25-10-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    looking to get a router for UPC BB, as the one they supplied isn't up to much. it's a thompson.

can anyone recommend a better router that isn't too expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can't replace the Thomson. You can add another but I'm not sure how well the Thomson does bridging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

MYOB wrote: »
    You can't replace the Thomson. You can add another but I'm not sure how well the Thomson does bridging.

Homer-doh-square.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

The Thompson isn't that bad. One feature I like is that it supports the 5Ghz band. That said, I do have another router attached. A Billion Bipac 7800N which has an Ethernet WAN port. This gives me two WLAN's. One on 5Ghz and one on 2.4Ghz band for legacy devices.

I can't remember exact details here but I think it involves configuring a static IP address on the Thompson which has a direct route to the internet. This becomes your EWAN IP gateway address on the other router.

Would be interested to know what your problem with the Thompson is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

SkySter wrote: »
    The Thompson isn't that bad. One feature I like is that it supports the 5Ghz band. That said, I do have another router attached. A Billion Bipac 7800N which has an Ethernet WAN port. This gives me two WLAN's. One on 5Ghz and one on 2.4Ghz band for legacy devices.

I can't remember exact details here but I think it involves configuring a static IP address on the Thompson which has a direct route to the internet. This becomes your EWAN IP gateway address on the other router.
    dont-understand.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I think you might find you're unlikely to get the answers you're looking for if you continue to post silly pictures instead of conversing like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement