Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best swimming pool in Waterford

Options
  • 25-10-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,

I am trying to find a swimming pool in Waterford suited to my needs. I will be using swimming as rehab for some injuries so I would like to find a swimming pool that isn't full of kids or running swimming lessons all the time. I'll probably be using the pool mainly at weekends.

Does anybody have any recommendations and idea on pricing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I don't know for sure but I guess a lot of people will say Kingfisher but I find it very ccccccccccooolllllllllllllldddddddddd (cold) there.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

The kay river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

If you're looking for space, privacy and comfort, Tower hotel would be perfect for your needs, only members use it so never very busy and the lane setup leaves a third of the pool as an open space which makes it easy to access for people who might have difficulty getting in or out due to injury. The only thing is you must be a member to use. (but you also get all the perks with that) They were doing three month deals which were fairly reasonably priced so that might be an option if you were to go that route.

if you're going by way of public pools you're always going to have to deal with well, the public and the times restraints of use and most of them would be much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

^^^
    this

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blondie990

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with the tower so. Would anyone happen to know what their current membership rates are? I've e-mailed twice with no reply and the 2 times I called the person on the other end of the phone wasn't able to help me. Was going to try to get in and join this weekend so if anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

blondie990 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with the tower so. Would anyone happen to know what their current membership rates are? I've e-mailed twice with no reply and the 2 times I called the person on the other end of the phone wasn't able to help me. Was going to try to get in and join this weekend so if anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

I can't say for sure because it's changed quite a bit over the years but maybe a year ago I inquired about the three month offer and it was in around 120. There were a few different options with that though so it could be more or less depending on the package. If you're passing just stop in to the gym and they'll be happy to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

is there any gym at all in Waterford that you can just pay as you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

deadybai wrote: »
    is there any gym at all in Waterford that you can just pay as you go?

Waterford glass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's actually a very nice pool too. Its 25m and has an actual deep end, unlike most of the newer pools. Most are 20m and don't have a deep end in the real sense.

Advertisement