Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 25-10-2013 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was banned from the after hours forum for an inappropriate comment. I immediately PM'd the person who it was aimed at and apologied. I then deleted this comment as I realised I was bang out of order. The other poster in question took no offence.
    I realised I did wrong, apologies and made amends. Surely a ban is bit harsh??

Edit:
    Just want to add that I am a bit disgusted by this ban to be honest. I went along the right channels to make amends and held my hands up. Mod on a power trip. Got no warning or anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Quick to dish out the bans but very slow to respond to appeals. The mod hasnt replied to PM either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mods here are volunteers, so you will have to wait until a Rec Category Moderator is free to deal with this. If it has been longer than 24 hours, then you have a right to bump the thread (105 minutes is not even close).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Mr E wrote: »
    Mods here are volunteers, so you will have to wait until a Rec Category Moderator is free to deal with this. If it has been longer than 24 hours, then you have a right to bump the thread (105 minutes is not even close).

I'm well aware mods are volunteers! Fair play to ye! But I just felt that this was such an injustice it warranted swift remedy. It was like be sent to prison for life when I maybe just broke the speed limit. Going 60 in a 40km zone. Such an injustice! It's the only way I can explain it!

anyway all sorted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement