Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a taxi company.

Options
  • 25-10-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys ill be travelling to dublin at the start of next month from Limerick. I will be taking the M7 bus as far as Westmoreland St, then I have to get a taxi out beyond Rathmines to a B & B (on Highfield Rd).

Ill also have to get a taxi from that B&B in the morning to De la salle sports center in the morning (churchtown Rd) Rathfarnam area.

I just did a quick search for taxis and this came back...

http://www.dublin.ie/disp_list.aspx?catid=52

Anyone any experience with any of them or are they all much the same, appreciate any feedback thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

I personally use VIP taxis when I'm back home in Dublin. Always find them reliable and good drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dublin Bus routes go to highfield road from Trinity College or Nassau Street both of which are very close to Westmoreland Street, I believe the number 15 would be one such route. There is a route planner available on Dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Download the Hailo app, you can get a taxi almost anywhere in Dublin in just a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

I would probably just use the Hailo app unless your morning trip is so early there would be no taxis around. I think it works in Limerick so you could try it out before your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

I have a piece of crap tesco android and its slow as anything and freezes, wouldnt trust it with hailo app so all I want is to get a taxi from westmoreland to the b&b and then have one booked for the morning, just wanted one ye would recommend.

Id want the taxi to collect me around 8am in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

VIP Taxis, mostly southside and very reliable. They have about 350 taxis and have been around for about 40 years. No I don't work for them, just use the a lot and find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you are set on a taxi give 01-8202020 a call they will give you 20% off the metered fare.

http://www.8202020.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

I know VIP used to do a 20% discount too. Anybody know if they still do that?

Advertisement