Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgradutate in Medicine Grant Question

Options
  • 25-10-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently an undergraduate. I am considering the postgraduate in medicine (graduate entry: DN400). However, I am wondering if any postgraduate grant system (tuition and maintenance) would be available for me to access for the duration of my studies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭nomoreexams

buffermeup wrote: »
    I am currently an undergraduate. I am considering the postgraduate in medicine (graduate entry: DN400). However, I am wondering if any postgraduate grant system (tuition and maintenance) would be available for me to access for the duration of my studies?

Do you mean graduate entry medicine (DN401)?? If you do, then no you get nothing, no financial aid from the government. You get one 'free' degree and after that you pay for it yourself. Bank of ireland offer the loan of 60k this year and that only covers fees for the 4 years. You'll see loads of info on it in the gamsat threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Not strictly true - the fees for grad med are around €25,000 per year but subsidised for Irish students by the government by about €13,000 so students 'only' pay the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭nomoreexams

I'm assuming the OP only cares about grants for what he will be charged on?!

Absolutely, the course is subsidised by the HEA but no Irish/EU student is liable to pay that €13k a year so it's not a grant as such nor is it part of the fees payable by an EU student, the fees required by UCD for example: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/undergraduate2012.html

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9500/course-fees/index.html (the last question on this actually answers your question buffermeup)

There are no grants for the fees or maintenance of a graduate entry EU student.... unfortunately

Advertisement