Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen gone white

Options
  • 25-10-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Travelling at the moment and my 3 year old Samsung travel laptops screen gone white & cannot access files.Back in Dublin next week what is best repair shop to get this fixed or are there other options?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is it a Samsung NC10 by any chance? Those devices do have a screen issue like you describe

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

yoyo wrote: »
    Is it a Samsung NC10 by any chance? Those devices do have a screen issue like you describe

Nick

Yes its an Nc10 what are my options as I want to recover the files

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Does it change/flicker when you move the screen up and down? probably some ****ty cheap ribbon cable to screen which has melted with heat.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yes its an Nc10 what are my options as I want to recover the files

You could always use the vga or hdmi port and connect it to a projector, computer monitor or television, and copy your files to somewhere else for the time being. There should be a button to connect the projector

No flicker on it just plain white screen. Would like to repair it as handy for travelling. Anywhere decent in Dublin Northside to get a quote. Also tried connecting the PC monitor to the laptop and tried pressing the fn and f4 to flick and no joy there

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just googled it there and it seems to be the problem i mentioned. The cable that connects the screen top the Board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ZTV0l5Cp8

Thanks be sceptical about opening it.Tried a few places and €50 deposit not refundable just to check this taken out of cost.
    Any good repair shops in Dublin or is €50 standard price?

Thanks

Dont live there so dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

white screen means the cable connecting the laptop screen to the motherboard is loose or damaged and will need replacing. not the end of the world though.

easy fix that wont cost much

Advertisement