Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant eligibility - compensation for personal injury

Options
  • 25-10-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All,

I am returning to College next year (2014), I am currently 23 so will be 24 for when the course begins (Mature Student).

I will be living with my parents for the duration of my course and will be dependant on them. I am aware that when you apply for a grant your parents (who I will be dependant on) will be means tested and assessed on their reckonable income.

My parents do not have an income this year as they are living on an amount of money that was recieved from compensation for a personal injury. Is there an exemption for this when your grant is being considered? I did read something about this on the grant website but it's not clear on whether the grant would be approved or not.

If there is anyone out there that knows more about this or have been approved/denied because of this scenario can you please let me know?

Thanks,

Comments

Advertisement