Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should you discuss on the Newbies forum?

Options
  • 25-10-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Maybe I'm being daft but this is a genuine question,

Every thread posted on here has a moderator directing the op to a different forum, all of which a 'newbie' doesn't have permission to post on.

Where do we supposed to achieve 50+ posts to gain access to the rest of Boards.ie if not on this forum?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You are able to post in many of boards forums without the need to have 50 posts. You can navigate around the forums using the drop-down menus at the top of the page. These are general categories of forums. For example, if you want to talk about Breaking Bad, you to to Arts > TV > Breaking Bad.

It just happens out that the first question you wanted to ask was in relation to football, but access to the Soccer forum is restricted because the forum can be quite the war zone at times. Access is strictly controlled by the forum moderators there so that it runs as civilly as possible.

Also, there are public and private forums. Most forums that are visible to you are public. You may notice that some links to forums (for example, two of the links under my username where it says Mod[noparse]:)[/noparse] are visible, but clicking them takes you to a page telling you that you do not have access.

This forum is for general queries about how the site works and is explained here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056307178

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnHolt

Ah, so I am being thick!

Thank you for pointing that out!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EamonnHolt wrote: »
    Ah, so I am being thick!

Thank you for pointing that out!:)

Soccer is just a weird exception, due to it's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnHolt

no problem, thank you!

Advertisement