Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account have death

Options
  • 25-10-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please advise what steps need to be taken in order to close an account.  My Father has passed away and I am one of the people also named on the account.  However, I live in the United States 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Brendan

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Firstly, we would like to offer our sympathies with the knowledge of your Fathers' passing.

For assistance in closing your Fathers' Accounts, it would be best to contact the branch your Fathers' accounts are held with.

A Customer Advisor can offer assistance with this delicate matter. They can explain in detail the process of the closure and the most convenient way to manage this as you are residing in the United States. 

You can locate our branch contact details here

Thanks 
    Alison 

Advertisement