Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract renewal

Options
  • 25-10-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi - Between an hour on the phone today, live online help, rep calling to house, reps phoning house I still do not know my options as my contract [Broadband & Phone] is ending..

My current bill is 48 euro and that includes the partial line rental discount, I was wondering what offer can i avail of. The live help guy said that i was not entitled to some discounts because of that line rental thing but sure that has been done away with come Jan so i wouldnt have thought that makes a difference?

Anyway can anyone tell me what offer i am entitled to? so I can decide to cancel or not. At this stage it would have been easier to cancel

All im looking for is a basic [CHEAP] phone and broadband package

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If Eircom don't come up with an offer to suit you & UPC is available in your area, they recently announced their new  Basics Collection to help customers losing their telephone allowance to stay in touch with friends and family.

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UPCBasicsRangeLaunch.pdf

Going by the above, unless I'm misreading it if you were to opt for the broadband & phone bundle with limited broadband usage of 30GB the monthly charge of €30 would reduce by €7 to €23.

Hopefully Eircom will be able to offer you a comparable price in order to retain you as a customer, but if not at least you know there are cheaper options out there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If Eircom don't come up with an offer to suit you & UPC is available in your area, they recently announced their new  Basics Collection to help customers losing their telephone allowance to stay in touch with friends and family.

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UPCBasicsRangeLaunch.pdf

Going by the above, unless I'm misreading it if you were to opt for the broadband & phone bundle with limited broadband usage of 30GB the monthly charge of €30 would reduce by €7 to €23.

Hopefully Eircom will be able to offer you a comparable price in order to retain you as a customer, but if not at least you know there are cheaper options out there.
    Don't forget the UPC installation fees. 

It depends on the OPs usage for phone & broadband anyway. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi - Between an hour on the phone today, live online help, rep calling to house, reps phoning house I still do not know my options as my contract [Broadband & Phone] is ending..

My current bill is 48 euro and that includes the partial line rental discount, I was wondering what offer can i avail of. The live help guy said that i was not entitled to some discounts because of that line rental thing but sure that has been done away with come Jan so i wouldnt have thought that makes a difference?

Anyway can anyone tell me what offer i am entitled to? so I can decide to cancel or not. At this stage it would have been easier to cancel

All im looking for is a basic [CHEAP] phone and broadband package

Hi fluff_daddy

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had in getting information on this. Unfortunately I'm unable to offer packages or discounts from here however I have looked into this for you and found the best area for you to call. Please contact the eircom save team on free phone 1901 and after entering your landline number to the recorded message please then chose option 4 and then option 3.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Thanks Alan.. think i have it sorted.

Quick question for you. What is the rate if you exceed your download limit in a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Alan.. think i have it sorted.

Quick question for you. What is the rate if you exceed your download limit in a month?
    Hi fluff_daddy

If you want to send on your eircom account number so I can verify your current broadband package. I can look into that for you.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement