Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

competence certs

Options
  • 25-10-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I`v been shooting clays in a local club for the past year or so. I`v`never held a permit before or owned a gun but a friend of mine is going to give me a gun if and when I get a permit. Do I still need a competence cert to apply for a permit even though im confident and able with a shotgun? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

The club should be able to give you a letter to say you are competent. That should satisfy most supers

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Thanks aaakev Im not sure whether they will or not though as Im not a member I just pay and shoot the odd weekend. I know I could just do the training course with the club but its 80 quid or so and times are quite tough at the min! I wasnt really bothered with joining the club as my father in law is a farmer who is always looking for people to shoot pigeons/rabbits so I was just going to shoot his land

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

cd07 wrote: »
    Thanks aaakev Im not sure whether they will or not though as Im not a member I just pay and shoot the odd weekend. I know I could just do the training course with the club but its 80 quid or so and times are quite tough at the min! I wasnt really bothered with joining the club as my father in law is a farmer who is always looking for people to shoot pigeons/rabbits so I was just going to shoot his land

Hi was in same boat myself filled up form and said I had been shooting clays Etc for few years and left it on to staiton . Got it back in post 3 days later to say competency cert was a must have , so got it done for 25 yoyo next evening and sent it back in so waiting patiently now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I would still ask the club tho and see what they say! €80 is a bit much, you can get it dome for €45-€50 in other places!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

€25 up this way to do the NARGC certificate of achievement, that's one on one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement