Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best College for Business??

• 25-10-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm in sixth year and I have been getting straight A's this year a few B's last year, but I think I could get around 540. I'm hoping to do Business and French next year but I have no idea as to which college is the best for employment and degree level etc.
    I hear Trinity and UL are both good but the points are exponentially different!
    To be honest I have no idea... Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

International Commerce in NUIG is 525 and seems like a good course to me. It's one of my top two currently. Global Business in DCU is another I'm currently looking into. Both with French.

I'm thinking in the exact same area (business and French) so if you find anything interesting I'd appreciate if you could post it here or message me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leaving cert0112

Yeah definitely, I know of a few who went to UL and from the work experience in year 3 (I think), they got permanent jobs....I don't particularly want to go there though to be honest. Like I'm from Cork so UCC would be the easiest, but I'm not sure of the stats of employment after their course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

International commerce in UCD is an excellent course, the Quinn school of business is state of the art with excellent lectures, commerce in ucd is also a great social course and the workload is enough to keep you on your toes but not a killer. Also UCD and trinity are definitely the best options if you plan on working abroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It depends where you want to work. Trinity has a higher international reputation, so if you think you'd like to work abroad it probably gives you the best prospects. The course content everywhere will be comparable (except that there will be more accounting type options in Commerce in UCD than in many other courses), but people will know that it is harder to get in to Trinity or UCD than UL or DCU from the CAO, and may take that into account.

This only matters from the perspective of getting an interview. Ultimately, once you get an interview they won't care where you went, but a big name on the CV might make you more likely to get your foot in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

TCD is reputable for their Business related degrees and with the 'School of Business' in general, both at home and worldwide. You cannot go terribly wrong with either, the decision is yours to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dazzy123

I'm the exact same looking at business and considering with french. I'm looking at bess in trinity aswell because I'm still not sure what job I want after and that seems to have much broader options. The impression I get from talking to people is that Ucd and trinity are the best for business from the point of view of employers, but like EuropeanSon said it doesn't matter too much I don't think once you have an interview :)

Advertisement