Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SanDisk Cruzer Pop 32GB USB 2.0 - €10.97 [Zoombits]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Thank you op, went ahead and got me one.
    €10 not too shabby for 32gb of storage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

with that write speed will take you a week to fill it in :) good price anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    with that write speed will take you a week to fill it in :) good price anyway

Or, a minute. :eek:.

I bought 2. Perfect for mutli booting and holding a lot of software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

How much is shipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Argos have sandisk 32gb for 14.99 and 8gb for 4.99. They are listed as 17.99 and 6.99 but got some Wednesday for the cheaper price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

matchthis wrote: »
    How much is shipping?

Just ordered one there and it came with free shipping using an Irish address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Allyall wrote: »
    Or, a minute. :eek:.

32GB, 5.5MB a second write!! Your maths is a little off. 32GB filled at a rate of 5.5MB/sec is 5818 seconds or 96 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Would this be suitable for recording on a saorview box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

pissed wrote: »
    Just ordered one there and it came with free shipping using an Irish address.
    Me too, thanks OP. Got a personalised 10% discount code for my next order, too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Round Cable

deltakilo wrote: »
    Would this be suitable for recording on a saorview box?

No it wouldn't, write speed is too low for High Definition channels, would be OK to record Standard Def. ones only, so that would mean no recording of RTÉ ONE or RTÉ TWO.

• Advertisement

My first time for using that site. Can anyone who ordered from them before confirm if its free shipping on all items to Ireland or is it just that its a small item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

HN have a 32GB Cruzer Blade for €17 at the moment collected. Just collected one there. Might be easier if you've a Harvey Norman Store near you.

Marked price is €35.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/external-hard-drives/sandisk-32gb-cruzer-blade-usb-memory-key.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Thanks OP - brilliant spot as usual.
    My first time for using that site. Can anyone who ordered from them before confirm if its free shipping on all items to Ireland or is it just that its a small item?

Bear in mind as it's Jersey based, orders over €22 (with more than €6 'negligible value' tax payable ie. €26.08 order value) attract VAT and an An Post €6 inspection fee if opened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Gonna order one of these when I get back to Ireland. Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

zarquon wrote: »
    32GB, 5.5MB a second write!! Your maths is a little off. 32GB filled at a rate of 5.5MB/sec is 5818 seconds or 96 mins!

even if it were 1 file that was 32GB it would be unlikely. if you want to fill it up with photos or mp3s it will take like 960mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

No it wouldn't, write speed is too low for High Definition channels, would be OK to record Standard Def. ones only, so that would mean no recording of RTÉ ONE or RTÉ TWO.

Would you know of any makes or models that can record the HD channels properly? Recording of RTÉ One since the move to HD is too problematic. Interestingly, RTÉ Two can have issues with playback but for the most part is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

zarquon wrote: »
    fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    even if it were 1 file that was 32GB it would be unlikely. if you want to fill it up with photos or mp3s it will take like 960mins

I didn't mean a literal minute. I just meant that it's not really a hassle putting on any files, and with them taking a while, leaving it in the PC. It would only bother me if i was in a hurry.

I bought the Sandisk Extreme (€28 Delivered from Memo More) for that. Brilliant when running out the door and need to grab files.

Hmmmm may not be free shipping after all. Received an email from them last night at 21.20 asking to confirm my shipping and billing address.

If its not free shipping they can keep it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Slunk wrote: »
    Argos have sandisk 32gb for 14.99 and 8gb for 4.99. They are listed as 17.99 and 6.99 but got some Wednesday for the cheaper price.

Just in the Argos shop there and the stock checker is showing 32gb at its 17.99 price. Does it reduce at the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Ok just got an email from paypal stating that I've been refunded... I'll get in touch with them to see why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Thanks OP, just ordered one.

Hmmmm may not be free shipping after all. Received an email from them last night at 21.20 asking to confirm my shipping and billing address.

If its not free shipping they can keep it :D

Arrived this morning. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Ordered one yesterday and got an email saying out of stock for now, did I want a refund or to wait. Responded to them, but got no response back. Anyone else know anything, ie how long is the wait for new stock, is this company genuine?
    Not having a go at the company, they may be ok, just I haven't dealt with them before. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Ordered one yesterday and got an email saying out of stock for now, did I want a refund or to wait. Responded to them, but got no response back. Anyone else know anything, ie how long is the wait for new stock, is this company genuine?
    Not having a go at the company, they may be ok, just I haven't dealt with them before. Thanks in advance

Got the same mail and responded to say just send when they're back in stock. Got an email back to say it was noted, and they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I ordered mine on the 26th and it arrived yesterday, the 30th, so if they restock you shouldn't be waiting too long, hopefully.

Advertisement