Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend hedge trimmer for medium suburban garden

• 25-10-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭

Electric, mainly for trimming conifers. Woodies have one on offer for 40 euro. Doesn't look like a well known brand.

This should only get 2 or 3 runs a year but want to buy for long term.

Thanks in advance. Seems like it's not a bad time to buy this stuff off season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

For long term use, I would recommend you consider Stihl or Husqvarna which you are unlikely to get in a popular DIY store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Patricktom

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Electric, mainly for trimming conifers. Woodies have one on offer for 40 euro. Doesn't look like a well known brand.

This should only get 2 or 3 runs a year but want to buy for long term.

Thanks in advance. Seems like it's not a bad time to buy this stuff off season.

Have you tried urinating on your hedge to retard growth as an alternative ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

I bought the cheapest of the cheap electric hedge trimmers in argos about eight years ago thinking if it lasted 2 to 3 years I'd have had my value out of it. It's still going strong..

Advertisement