Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Ear-piece

Options
  • 25-10-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick up one of these or something similar in Cork?
    Thanks

cyvAIZa.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Maplin in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Make sure that's the actual type you want.... I'd guess it's actually the 2 pin motorola type you want with the PTT button. A regular set of ear phones work in place of the exact type you have there and work better at that.... but the ones with Push to Talk buttons are good...

When it stops working or the sound becomes faint, take out the earpiece tube and blow through it. Fixes it pretty well usually.

But yeah, should have them. I got mine online for cheap enough on Ebay after the first 3 I got from work broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Make sure that's the actual type you want.... I'd guess it's actually the 2 pin motorola type you want with the PTT button. A regular set of ear phones work in place of the exact type you have there and work better at that.... but the ones with Push to Talk buttons are good...

When it stops working or the sound becomes faint, take out the earpiece tube and blow through it. Fixes it pretty well usually.

But yeah, should have them. I got mine online for cheap enough on Ebay after the first 3 I got from work broke.
    Thanks for the replys
    Its only going to be for show, wont actualy be connected to anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Smyths toys? A spy kit or something. Check their site before wasting a trip obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Thanks for the replys
    Its only going to be for show, wont actualy be connected to anything :D

If it's dressing up as Secret Service or something like that, then you and a friend have to do it and play "Mr. President"

Decide on a friend, he is "Mr. President" and at various points throughout the night whenever one of the guys with an earpiece touches the earpiece as if listening ye both tackle Mr President to the ground shouting "Get down Mr. President" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Or tackle random people who come near Mr president.

Tried Maplins and they had one similar but they wanted €29 for it.
    Had no luck elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

When do you need it for? Even including delivery this one works out fairly cheap:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Covert-Acoustic-Earpiece-Motorola-Radio/dp/B009HL6W96/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1

Cool_CM wrote: »
    When do you need it for? Even including delivery this one works out fairly cheap:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Covert-Acoustic-Earpiece-Motorola-Radio/dp/B009HL6W96/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
    This week, thanks anyway.

Advertisement