Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Hadfield Book Tour

Options
  • 25-10-2013 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just announced on his website, Easons O Connell Street 14th December 12-2pm!
    Going to set up a tent now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I'll be there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

He's done for 2 hours I'd imagine there will be crazy interest in this

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Do you think Easons would get him to sign a copy for someone (Me!!) without them being there ?

I wouldn't be able to commute to Dublin for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You can bet your bottom dollar that he will also be on the Late Late show.You could apply for tickets for that and meet him at RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

SHALL BE THERE TOO! :D

• Advertisement

I asked the mother could we go up on the train.

Think I might be going now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Apparently he'll be in Ireland for a week in January as well...in case you can't make the December date. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bigcustardbowl

Is this a ticketed event?

He's on the late late tonight too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Is this a ticketed event?
    I don't think it is. Better not be or my three lads will be slightly annoyed. I might be too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was lucky enough to see Commander Hadfield live last night at this show. He did a live rendition of Space Oddity with a full band including Brian Cox on piano. Very cool! Afterwards there was a 20 minute Q&A with him and he is just so interesting. So much so I've bought his book.

So if you can make it to any book signing I'd highly recommend it.

shedweller wrote: »
    I don't think it is. Better not be or my three lads will be slightly annoyed. I might be too!

No tickets needed. But I don't think photos are allowed to keep the Q moving

Ah.....I wanted a photo :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Ah feck. Where'd you hear that?

One the staff in there told me they normally try move people along.
    My mate will be behind me in Q to try snap a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You can bet your bottom dollar that he will also be on the Late Late show.You could apply for tickets for that and meet him at RTE.

And next weeks lotto numbers are ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Chris is on the Late Late, right this minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Is anyone familiar with book signings in easons? Do you have to buy the book that morning to get it signed? I bought it today (in a different easons) but would like to get it signed, do you know if that'll be an issue?

Massive queue here now!

Massive queue here now!

Already ? :(

• Advertisement

nanook5 wrote: »
    Already ? :(
    Worse now! I feel for anyone arriving to queue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ugh, was considering heading in and getting there in about 45 minutes, but my back won't manage a long stand. Not sure what to do now.

Thoie wrote: »
    Ugh, was considering heading in and getting there in about 45 minutes, but my back won't manage a long stand. Not sure what to do now.
    Staff have been putting post-its on everyones book with whatever name you want it signed to. That will streamline things so you'd have a chance of meeting him. Sore back would complicate things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Staff have been putting post-its on everyones book with whatever name you want it signed to. That will streamline things so you'd have a chance of meeting him. Sore back would complicate things though.

Think I'm going to have to give it a miss :( As well as which, I'm getting two copies (one for niece and one for father), and unsure as to which I'd get signed anyway :)

Thoie wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to give it a miss :( As well as which, I'm getting two copies (one for niece and one for father), and unsure as to which I'd get signed anyway :)
    Give them to me with the post its attached and you'd have them. I wont run away with them i promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Is anyone familiar with book signings in easons? Do you have to buy the book that morning to get it signed? I bought it today (in a different easons) but would like to get it signed, do you know if that'll be an issue?

Anyone know this?

do I have to buy the book before hand? Or get it signed then go to the counter and pay? Or whats the craic?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Anyone know this?

do I have to buy the book before hand? Or get it signed then go to the counter and pay? Or whats the craic?
    Buy the book first.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I've driven up from d'country this morning for it and I'm just about there. Do I have any chance of buying a book and meeting him at this stage?

I've driven up from d'country this morning for it and I'm just about there. Do I have any chance of buying a book and meeting him at this stage?

Given 30 seconds per person i think it might be looking bad for anyone joining the queue now.

• Advertisement

At the back of the line now :(

Advertisement