Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Hadfield Book Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

nanook5 wrote: »
    At the back of the line now :(
    Hang in there! If it looks bad as time goes on you give me your books for signing and i'll give them back after. Assuming i get mine signed!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

shedweller wrote: »
    Hang in there! If it looks bad as time goes on you give me your books for signing and i'll give them back after. Assuming i get mine signed!

How far up are you?

How far up are you?
    Beside the autobiographies and coffee bar in a silly elf hat...

Beside the autobiographies and coffee bar in a silly elf hat...

OH....your actually in easons .....Im just across from Pab travel

OH....your actually in easons .....Im just across from Pab travel

I think, from there, the best you'll get is to see him coming in. We'll play it by ear

• Advertisement

I think, from there, the best you'll get is to see him coming in. We'll play it by ear

Ok ...Would you think he'd go on past 2pm?....since I got here the line has got so long,im practically in the middle of the line

They've announced that all the books are sold out!

They've announced that all the books are sold out!

Glad I have one so

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Can those of us half way down still meet him anyway ya think? :(

Can those of us half way down still meet him anyway ya think? :(
    Its hard to know. When the queue starts moving we'll know more

• Advertisement

Just sat down to start signing!

Moving on now. Looking good for those outside!

Moving on now. Looking good for those outside!

Ye moving a bit now

Ye moving a bit now

No photos???? Ah bollox

No photos???? Ah bollox

Did they say that?

Phew! That was crazy. Some young lad got one of our books by mistake so easons sorted us with another one AND a tshirt with chris hadfield on it for me and my kid.

Go easons!!

Phew! That was crazy. Some young lad got one of our books by mistake so easons sorted us with another one AND a tshirt with chris hadfield on it for me and my kid.

Go easons!!

I'm just outside :)

I'm just outside :)

Jaysus

Im upstairs in supermacs looking out at yis! With my stupid elf hat on

Im upstairs in supermacs looking out at yis! With my stupid elf hat on

Inside now by the tubs of roses :)

• Advertisement

Inside now by the tubs of roses :)

All done now,back at hueston

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It was about 1pm before I hit town and got parking, so decided not to bother, sounds like I'd have missed it anyway at that stage (and it wasn't a nice day to be queuing outside. Any mention whether they ever had signings that big before?

Father and niece will have to make do with other presents, and I'll buy myself a copy on Kindle tonight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Got there just after 10:30 so we were quite close to the front of the queue. Still had to wait outside but the wind and rain were balanced by free chocolate from the shop and sandwiches courtesy of a local fast food outlet!

The queue was big - I'm told it went down to Arnotts, I can remember seeing a similarly long line back in the 90's when Leonard Nimoy did a signing.

Anyway...got to meet Commander Hadfield and while it was something of a blur as they tried to get to everyone his positivity is something else! He had a word for everyone, thanked us for waiting and he looked everyone in the eye as he shook their hands, this was definitely not a case of a 'celeb' going through the motions at a book signing! A gentleman.

Well worth the wait and I'm very glad that I went along :)

peter1892 wrote: »
    Got there just after 10:30 so we were quite close to the front of the queue. Still had to wait outside but the wind and rain were balanced by free chocolate from the shop and sandwiches courtesy of a local fast food outlet!

The queue was big - I'm told it went down to Arnotts, I can remember seeing a similarly long line back in the 90's when Leonard Nimoy did a signing.

Anyway...got to meet Commander Hadfield and while it was something of a blur as they tried to get to everyone his positivity is something else! He had a word for everyone, thanked us for waiting and he looked everyone in the eye as he shook their hands, this was definitely not a case of a 'celeb' going through the motions at a book signing! A gentleman.

Well worth the wait and I'm very glad that I went along :)

The line was stupendously long....it continued well past arnotts.

After 2 and a half hours of waiting Chris thanked me for waiting,shook my hand and wished me well .

It was a sh*te day for the occasion but it was well worth it .

Happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭space2ground1

In the same way as Dougal sat quietly and then roared.. TED WE'RE ON A PLANE!

I keep thinking... I MET CHRIS HADFIELD!

I'd love to sit down and have a coffee with the chap. What a chat that would be.
    Fair play to Easons. They had a tough job to manage given that I think they underestimated the numbers.

Here's a vid of him from today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

I brought my 7 yr old space mad daughter to meet him. She gave him a Christmas Card and a Thank You card which he really appreciated. He had a good chat with her and said some really nice things.

It was a great experience, the long wait and crappy weather were quickly forgotten and I don't think she'll forget today. So glad we made the effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

He is now on Channel 4.Dont forget C4+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was only a few people back when he stood up and said he had to go.
    I didn't join the queue until about 1 so can't really complain. Chaps only human.

Easons did take a few of our names though, and said if he comes back, we'll get priority treatment, whatever that means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement