Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get Solicitor to put an anonymous Property bid in for you

Options
  • 25-10-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I've lost a bidding war for a property - now the estate agent knows what i have, so my question is if anyone knows:

Is it possible to get a solicitor or someone to bid anonymously for you - that is on another property that they have on their books? And has anyone heard of doing this or is it a normal thing to do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭McCongo

Hi,

I've lost a bidding war for a property - now the estate agent knows what i have, so my question is if anyone knows:

Is it possible to get a solicitor or someone to bid anonymously for you - that is on another property that they have on their books? And has anyone heard of doing this or is it a normal thing to do?

Thanks in advance
    First off, a solicitor will charge by the hour so the bills will rack up rapidly.
    Most agents will not accept a booking deposit without proof of funds so there will be a problem when a bid is accepted.
    You might be better to use a different phone number and version of your name when bidding. Get your bank to use a different version on loan approval documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Could you not just get someone different to bid on your behalf?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

jlm29 wrote: »
    Could you not just get someone different to bid on your behalf?

They will most probably have to show proof of funds before being allowed bid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Move on, look at a different house. The gaff is gone for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is more usual with auctions, to both preserve anonymity and to prevent purchasers running away with themselves on bids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

beertons wrote: »
    Move on, look at a different house. The gaff is gone for you.

I presume the reason behind the anonymity is if he is bidding on another house the estate agent has on their books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Trophy homes in Ireland are brought sometimes using a solicitor and a Cyprus post box company to hide the owners true identity.

OP unless you play on buying a mini mansion I don't see the point bidding in private

Advertisement