Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Brighton

• 25-10-2013 8:43pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be moving down south to work on the University of Sussex campus in December and was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions or advice on places to live. I'd like to live in Brighton and build a social life ideally.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Lived in a few places in Brighton. Would recommend around Lewes Road as its near the Universities and also near enough to town for social life. Preston Park's great too but not as handy for Universities unless you're driving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't drive so being near to work or being able to commute is a must. There seems to be excellent bus services from what I know. I have a friend in Moulsecoomb and he reckons the city in general is quite safe.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Yeah the buses are great if a tad expensive. Take a look at the 25 Bus route on buses.co.uk (Brighton bus website) and maybe aim along that bus route. Also if its the Falmer campus there's a regular train service from town. Never had any issues when I lived there for two years safety wise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yeah the buses are great if a tad expensive. Take a look at the 25 Bus route on buses.co.uk (Brighton bus website) and maybe aim along that bus route. Also if its the Falmer campus there's a regular train service from town. Never had any issues when I lived there for two years safety wise.

Cheers, I know about the train service. Anywhere near the station might be pricey. At least I'll get something for the ridiculous rent I'll be forking out.

Cheers, I know about the train service. Anywhere near the station might be pricey. At least I'll get something for the ridiculous rent I'll be forking out.

Maybe, but we lived next to London Road station on that line for a while and rent was very reasonable. Lovely area too with two great pubs (Open House and Signalman) on our doorstep.

• Advertisement

I'll look into that, cheers!

Advertisement