Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congestion in NGB?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

finnteme wrote: »
    Thank you, finally something, and good to hear that there is some progress.

This doesnt explain though why neither the tech.department or customer complaint are answering to emails, i still think that its very unprofessional behaviour, there is some questions that i want some answers, and the emails were sent to them 3 weeks ago first time.

But thanks for your response, and pls keep me updated!
    It does not finnteme and I have asked for a response on this also. Would you mind PMing me the mail addresses you used?
    Thanks
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Dcully wrote: »
    Well i reported my fault last Wednesday and i havent heard a thing since.
    I was told an engineer will contact me.
    There you go Alan, thats exactly why i cannot stand having to contact eircom support.
    Hi Dcully
    I am not sure why you were advised that a tech would contact you, but if you were promised this he should have done so.
    I can see that tech was out and work was carried out at exchange level ( so there was no need to contact you for this ) on the 05/11 at 1828. Have you seen any change since this time?
    Tony

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dcully wrote: »
    Well i reported my fault last Wednesday and i havent heard a thing since.
    I was told an engineer will contact me.
    There you go Alan, thats exactly why i cannot stand having to contact eircom support.
    Hi Dcully
    I am not sure why you were advised that a tech would contact you, but if you were promised this he should have done so.
    I can see that tech was out and work was carried out at exchange level ( so there was no need to contact you for this ) on the 05/11 at 1828. Have you seen any change since this time?
    Tony
    Thanks Tony, much appreciated.
    Last week things seemed to have improved a lot.
    However this evening im seeing a bit of a slowdown,not quite a s bad as before but worrying nonetheless.
    I will keep an eye on things.

3094477667.png

89136035.png

During off peak hours im seeing ping of 30 ms and dload of 13.5mb constantly,rock solid.

10 minutes later and things seem fine again

3094490432.png

Spoke too soon slowed again

3094518090.png

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thank you, finally something, and good to hear that there is some progress.

This doesnt explain though why neither the tech.department or customer complaint are answering to emails, i still think that its very unprofessional behaviour, there is some questions that i want some answers, and the emails were sent to them 3 weeks ago first time.

But thanks for your response, and pls keep me updated!
    It does not finnteme and I have asked for a response on this also. Would you mind PMing me the mail addresses you used?
    Thanks
    Tony
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kaaylen

Yeah, same with my internet. Speed's have dropped tremendously over the past 3-4 day's. I have a 17mb Down and 0.7mb Up and my ping is usually around 60-90 which is fine but at around seven o'clock for the past few nights it's dropped to 1-2mb and a ping of 120-200. I live in the Annestown area in Waterford. I'm really not happy with the eircom service , I rang up three times in the past three day's and the tech line is no help what so ever.. Giving the same response every time, "We'll try and resolve the issue soon.." and week's go by with nothing done. 

I'm going to chance my luck on the forum's and see if people are having the same problem as me.. Last time I had this issue, two eircom support guy's came out to my house and nothing changed so I rang up for week's telling eircom to fix it each night and eventually they fixed it.. A few of my friend's in the Waterford area said that they were experiencing issues concerning their speed etc.. at this point I have a enough of eircom's bs.

• Advertisement

Hopefully this will get sorted soon.. new record tonight (in negative way)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Slowed down again tonight here :(

Sick and tired of it now.

Engineer just popped in, and told that they have done some work at the exchange level, and speed should be restored in the evening time aswell. Will test tonite and keep you updated.

Question to reps: Just got a message that mny fault is resolved.. I havent confirmed that it is resolved.. this is 2nd time when a fault is closed without my consent.

And if it is the case, that the speeds are still bad after my testing tonite, i need to open a new one, and it takes again X amount of days to go through your internal systems :(

and as i almost guessed.. almost no effect.. getting between 2-3.5 mb/s at 7pm.. so same pattern, speed going downhill again..

EDIT: Called tech.support and spent 30 mins again doing the same tests as before.. case is now again in the nw team..:mad:

One positive point was the girl who answered was very professional and calm, and knew what she was doing, so big thanks for her.. Eircom would need more it personnel like her :)

• Advertisement

Huoh, just received an SMS that my fault is fixed..
    The speed at the day time is now worse than it was earlier, and ping is higher.
    I would be happy for this speed if it is consist during the day.. im speechless at this moment again.. dont know what to do..

EDIT: Speedtest at 7.24pm shows 4 mb/s and detoriating.. :(

Situation today at 5,45pm.. experienced pings over 200ms earlier today... impossible to use Skype :(

Did a test at midnight yesterday, and it was under 2mb/s :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

My speeds don't drop at peak, well they do by 1-2 mb. If I usually get 12-13mb, I'd drop to ~10mb, yet after 7pm trough to around 10pm my ms is over 150 which makes it impossible to game or use any VoIP programs like skype. I'm a semi-professional First Person Shooter player and all those matches I have are around 8 and usually on a Frankfurt server which I ping over 150 to.

I have spoke to Eircom several times about it, as apparently the line is supposed to be uncongested, but at the day time it's all fine, I ping around 50-60 to Frankfurt and it's playable. When it hit's the 80-90 ms mark, makes FPS games almost unplayable and gives an advantage to my enemies.

Apparently eFiber will be available in my area in December which I'm looking forward to very much. I really hope that ping will be reliable in peak times.

If anyone with eFiber is reading this, please ping a Frankfurt server at a peak time ~8pm and let me know how it is. If it's not performing well, I will go with Magnum, as I think they use eircom eFiber lines? <- let me know this one 'eircom' reps.

Regards.

im starting to get really annoyed.. measuring ab. 2mb/s speeds at the moment. My mobile broadband is faster with O2...

And last contact from sc. Customer Care management was 5 days ago asking my acc.nr (again..)

This is starting to be the biggest joke.. Im going to wait 5 more days, if the issue is not fixed, im going to terminate my contract and try my luck with other ISP.

Read a story ab. similar issue w Sky Broadband, and they identified the issue as congestion and it was fixed in 2 days.

EDIT: or im not going to wait 5 more days.. sent the official complaint on 10th of this month, so 2 more days..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Am no, the Sky issue was going on for a solid 4 weeks if not longer. I wonder is the many more fibre connections putting pressure on exchange backhaul...

that might be the case, but Eircom will propably never admit that..

What is the scenario here, if Eircom does not answer within the timeframe specified to the complaint and does not resolve it, do i need to go the regulator to get this fixed, or can i try to terminate my contract before going to regulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ring the complaints department, they offered me a refund and told me straight up that they didn't have a time date when my exchange would be upgraded. In fairness to the Eircom Reps here they're in a terrible position , its up to high level management to give the go ahead to increase backhaul

yah, im in NGB area, and was sold this as uncongested broadband, what clearly isnt true. will call them tomorrow, when its the last day to resolve/response to my official complaint

Got a response from the customer care team, that they are only crediting me 4 days of service, when it was completly down. Nothing for 40 eur worth of phone calls, several hours of my time, or the broadband that hasnt worked correctly since it was ordered.

This must be a joke for a customer service..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Got a response from the customer care team, that they are only crediting me 4 days of service, when it was completly down. Nothing for 40 eur worth of phone calls, several hours of my time, or the broadband that hasnt worked correctly since it was ordered.

Hi finnteme

I've sent you a PM on this just a few minutes ago.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    Thank you Al, much appreciated, i have replied, and hoping the tech. issue is resolved soon. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    Thank you Al, much appreciated, i have replied, and hoping the tech. issue is resolved soon. Thank you.
    Thank you finnteme

I do hope the issue is resolved soon too.

Al

hmm, maybe something is happening.. just did 3 x speedtests and got results between 6-8 mb/s in.. will keep testing.. :)dont wont to start the party yet..

After 8pm, speed is back at 3 mb/s :(

Wow, just as I said that I don't get speed drops, only ping problems, here it starts for me too:

3112315108.png

usually around 10-13mb..

located in meath

edit:
    This was taken a few months back almost at the same time of day
    2928074209.png

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

3112427667.png

Getting this for the past few weeks in Loughrea, connection used to be rock solid throughout the day at 13mb on speedtest. I know efibre is due in the next few weeks, hope that's not something to do with it.

3112427667.png

Getting this for the past few weeks in Loughrea, connection used to be rock solid throughout the day at 13mb on speedtest. I know efibre is due in the next few weeks, hope that's not something to do with it.
    Same. eFiber due to launch next month, hopefully that's the reason.

just got an sms that issue should be fixed and the ticket will be closing within 48 hrs. Will monitor it again.
    I have noticed that in last 2 days, my daytime speed has gone down to 8mb/s and ping is usually 80 ms, previously i got 10-11mb/s at day time and ping was 30-40 ms.

Would be nice to know what has been done so far? Instead just sending an anonymoys sms.. I think that the ping is littlebit too high comparing what it was before.

Tested the line for 3 hours.. well.. lots of fluxuation, and pings are 80-90ms instead of the prev. 30-40ms.. answered that the case is not resolved, this fluxuation is quite unacceptable..

1z2ko0n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

3119052938.png

This is what I'm getting tonight, everything is super slow and it is fluctuating like crazy. My wireless is secure (using wired for this test anyway), there's no one else using the net, no downloads going and nothing has been messed with.

I'm not sure I care about getting efibre at this stage if this is what I'm facing, my connection was rock solid up to now.

• Advertisement

my fault was just closed this morning, despite the last sms saying that someone will contact me within 24 hrs (the prev. sms i got on thursday).. nice work...

hopefully it is now fixed, if i see similar behaviour tonite with the speeds, dont know where to go from here, another official complaint maybe.. or propably it is comreg time now

Advertisement