Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congestion in NGB?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

And as guessed.. after 7pm the speed drops.. currently getting this..
    2pserk5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Same issue here, it has been like this for over 3 weeks now. Every evening around 7pm to 12pm pings are all over the place and speeds halved.
    Getting efibre install on Tuesday, lets hope its not a disaster. 

If fibre is not available in your area you are out of options. Almost a month now so looks like its not gonna change.

3122871932.png

Eircom must have longer 24hr's that anyone else.. Have been received 2 text messages to reply them back if the issue is not resolved.. No response other than the sms confirmation. Also tried to open a new fault via web today, after pressign Submit, 404 page cannot be found.. Really dont want to call again to tech. help and conduct the same tests over and over again :(:(It seems that comreg is the only way to go

34fzhn7.jpg

finnteme wrote: »
    Eircom must have longer 24hr's that anyone else.. Have been received 2 text messages to reply them back if the issue is not resolved.. No response other than the sms confirmation. Also tried to open a new fault via web today, after pressign Submit, 404 page cannot be found.. Really dont want to call again to tech. help and conduct the same tests over and over again :(:(It seems that comreg is the only way to go

34fzhn7.jpg

just got an garbage reply from your sc complaints team, who responded to my official complaint just saying that i have to call to tech support to get the standard troubleshooting done. IM so mad at the moment that my blood pressure is rising rapidly. What kind of employees are working in the complaints department? I sent an email to ask if an manager can call me.

Eircom reps: any help here is now needed, this is madness..

no answer from Eircom received etc, yesterday evening at 9pm my speeds were at 2.5 mb/s.

Im going to keep posting to this thread so long that the issue is resolved and be sc. vocal dissatisfied customer until this is resolved.

• Advertisement

complete silence from Eircom... this really tells everything that people need to know when there is a more complex problem that Eircom needs to solve.

They just keep ignoring contacts, or sending responses that does not make any sense etc...

as promised, i will try to post every day here, until i hear something from Eircom.. so no contact received today either via email or via phone.

Speed is currently 3mb/s down, and 0.4 mb/s up, and ping 84 ms
    Last night i couldnt even stream anymore without buffering.

EDIT: Called to tech. support again, and they have now escalated the case again.. loosing the count soon...

Heard nothing from Eircom today either reg. the technical issue.
    I havent even been able to login to My Eircom for 2 days to see if the new (3rd) fault is logged.

:(
    https://my.eircom.net/eircom/secure/dashboard/errors/error.jsp
    Sorry

The page you requested can not be found.
    It might have been moved or deleted. If you typed the URL in the address bar, please double-check that you typed it correctly

Just got an sms that fault should be resolved again, without no'one even contacting me, and explaining what has been done.

Reps: can you check this for me please.
    I will monitor it again this evening, but im not holding my breath again..

EDIT: Using the online chat to request this, lets see if i get my answer..

And here is the answer from the chat, unbeliavable service

Laurence: I see the fault report but I cannot translate this for you to explain to you what is the result at the moment sorry , please call in where they can escalate this to the fault handling Department 

And when calling to tech. support, it just gets disconnected.. :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Cant take this anymore, cancelling my account. This is so crazy. Called the tech. support, they wanted to send 3rd engineer to my address, and then told that there is nothing more they can do for me.

Called customer complaints, they passed me to cancellations, who just disconnected my call.

Called Sky, who were happy to take over from Eircom, and there were able to place on order for me.
    Dont know if it solves my problem, and propably im going to get large bill from Eircom, but im going to fight it, even to the small claims court if needed.
    This thread is working as excellent evidence for the incompetence by Eircom.

managed to get the account cancelled without early cease charges..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

managed to get the account cancelled without early cease charges..
    i dont have any choice they are the only provider in my area,voda and sky use there line so i presume it would just be from bad to bad again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

Finnteme, i tried the same thing moving from Eircom to Sky but the situation got no better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( 

Eddieken wrote: »
    Finnteme, i tried the same thing moving from Eircom to Sky but the situation got no better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( 
    Yeah, i almost guessed it, but i got an better deal from Sky in pricewise, and i have only good experience of their customer support etc.
    And i already have tv from them, so now i have everything in one bill.

I just couldnt stand anymore the sc. service i have received from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

Yeah, in fairness Sky have said that they will look into crediting my account (they did not say how much) if they cannot resolve the issue, which is at least something. Eircom just say nothing, do nothing but keep taking all the money.

i was positively surprised  for the service provided from the cancellation/loyalty team.. after reviewing my case quickly w tech.support, they were able to cease it without any charge..

I have a feeling that when eFibre was launched, these issues became reality, and Eircom does not want to admit it.

I hope that i receive somekind of survey for the service provided, so i could give them what they deserve..

Just got phonecall from Eircom tech.department who wanted to ask some questions ab. the problem..

Too late unfortunatly.. account is cancelled.. that was the first incoming phonecall during the whole fault history..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Just got phonecall from Eircom tech.department who wanted to ask some questions ab. the problem..

Too late unfortunatly.. account is cancelled.. that was the first incoming phonecall during the whole fault history..
    sounds about right. When they about to lose a customer they do something about it..

let me know how sky goes ping-wise please, thanks.

gets even better, received this reply today to my official complaint :D:D:D

Really easy to deal with my problem now when i got enough and cancelled the account.

Thank you for your email.

I have reviewed your account and can see you have been in touch with our Cancellations Department who have confirmed with our Technical Support Department that we are unable to resolved your issues and due to this you can cease your contract with Eircom with no penalty.

I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.

• Advertisement
Advertisement