Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 8 results

Options
  • 25-10-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Patriots beat the CPU Dolphins 42-24.

After losing my first league game to a CPU team, was determined that history wouldnt repeat itself.
    And couldnt have asked for a better start as Banks returns the opening kickoff to the house.
    Next series of plays for the Fins and a fumble recovery by the Pats.

It was gameover by HT.

The CPU still doesnt lie down though!! It was like old skool Mario Kart on the SNES, where if you werent careful you'd be pipped on the line by the computer!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat rams 37-24
    First CPU game this season I actually played and damn the CPU, if there is a will- there is a way! CPU understands the matchups and possibilities of every play!! CPU is a pain in the ass! -fact! It's like a bad rash you can't get rid of! Up by 10 by half time and due to receive ball in second half I thought maybe this is it but oh no! Rams audibles/motions keep killing the nests secondary! Interception by the beast that is Richard Sherman sent the rams offense to the sidelines in tears..

Lynch had 163 on the ground running
    Wilson had 91!!!!

Still 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles.... Have a feeling this will come back to haunt me in the playoffs B)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the CPU Bills 35-21 to move to 5-2 for the season.

I thought I'd have little difficulty here as the Bills were the worst ranked offense by far, but they actually moved the ball quite well.

I'm enjoying the CPU games this year. There's no substitute for human games of course, but they certainly are a challenge compared to previous years when you could almost play with a blindfold on and still beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat CPU Cardinals 42-21 I think? Matt Ryan threw 6 TD passes and SJax rushed for over 150 yds so a good day for the Falcons offence. A few sacks and a couple of INTs for the defence was welcomed too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sim loss to the Browns :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Jets 35 Bengals 28.

Good close game here with lots of good offense, but little enough defense. The Jets always seemed in control but could never kill off the game.

Coming up to half time the Jets were 7 points up and with a chance to go 14 up but Smith threw a pick that ended the drive.

Dalton then threw a few long bombs but couldn't connect, leaving the defect at 7 at half time.

In the second half the Jets added more points and were 14 points up mid way through the 4th when Dalton threw a pick which seemed to end the game however the Jets,with a chance to ice the game threw another pick of their own gave the Bengals hope,

Cincinnati passed their way down the field to add another TD to make it a 7 point game. with less than 2 to play.

The Bengals went with the onside kick but could not recover. The Jets had the ball, first down run went nowhere before 2 incompletions played right into the Bengals hands, as they get the ball back with 50 seconds and 2 time outs.

However it all went wrong as Dalton threw his second INT to effectively end the game and send the Jets to 7-1 and the Bengals to 6-2.

Good game Bert, I'm sure we'll have a re match soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement