Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restricted licence

Options
  • 25-10-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Well lads,found a stock I like for my maverick 88 was just looking for some basic info.my licence is non restricted but the stock is restricted,is it a big job to get a restricted license and what's the procedure.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Goes to chief super instead and you have to show that the stock is necessary for the job you intend to do and that no unrestricted firearm will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

To get a restricted shotgun licence you need to have a real reason for needing it rather than wanting it. It is the same as any other licence the only difference is that it goes to the CS instead. You would make your case to him as to why you need that stock over the original. You would probably need to have a meeting with him to explain your case etc... It can be done as i have done so myself. But I have a real reason for having it, Which i am not going to discuss. But if it were a case you did have a reason for needing it then the cs will probably listen to you.
    When i got mine there were extra conditions added for security which were completely over the top in my opinion as the only difference to the firearm was the furniture and still functioned in the exact same manner as before.
    If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask, but i will not talk about why i have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

Blay wrote: »
    Goes to chief super instead and you have to show that the stock is necessary for the job you intend to do and that no unrestricted firearm will do the job.

Hmmm seems like could be alota hassle.tanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

juice1304 wrote: »
    When i got mine there were extra conditions added for security.
    Hi what sorta condtions if you don't mind me asking thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

The firearm needs to be dismantled at home and component parts stored in different safes, And a secure container fitted to the car. The firearm also needs to be dismantled for transport etc.. Most of which is fine and i understand it is only the whole secure container fitted to the car which is a pain and over the top.
    I would also add that my security system at home was already way over the top.
    It also took about nine months for the process from start to finish due to there being a backlog and the cs being very busy. I must add though that he was the nicest and most respectful garda i have ever met. A pure gentleman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement