Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, Where Are We Going to Buy the iPad Air on Launch Day Next Friday?

• 25-10-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

Folks

Any thoughts on where would be the best place to grab one of these in Dublin on launch day next Friday, 1st November?

I rang Compub Grafton St today and they were pretty much in the dark about whether they will have them on the 1st or not. They are definitely not taking names for a reservation list anyway.

I'd prefer to chance my arm in a bricks & mortar store as opposed to Apple.ie as I recall the supply delays last year with the iPhone 5 on their site.

It's times like this that you'd miss the old Curry's forum on here when their old MD, Declan would sort out the Boardsies for preferential treatment!

If I can't find a safe pair of hands to sort me out in Dublin I might just take the trip to Belfast for the first time.

What is everyone else doing?

Regards

Austin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

how about Tesco at 0:01am, last year they started selling iPads one minute after midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hephph

asked in arnotts yesterday, not getting them in until the 6th apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

hephph wrote: »
    asked in arnotts yesterday, not getting them in until the 6th apparently

Would anybody do a price if buying two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Spipov wrote: »

Yes twice as much as buying a single iPad. Sorry for the AH reply but you don't get discounts on apple gear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Spipov wrote: »

You cannot get apple discounts. I heard if a company spending 100k with apple and got a 2% discount.

Only real option is to buy through a cash back scheme or see if the student program covers iPads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm getting more and more tempted by the Nexus 7. Sold my iPad 3 a month ago in the hope of scoring a Mini late October/early November. Don't know if I'm going to wait until what could be the 29th of Nov for the new mini which is going to be in crazy demand.

It's either iPad Air €489 or Nexus 7 €230. Massive difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

[QUOTE=Austin1;87194899
    I rang Compub Grafton St today and they were pretty much in the dark about whether they will have them on the 1st or not. [/QUOTE]

I called in there this evening, they are selling them on Friday first come, first served.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I'm getting more and more tempted by the Nexus 7. Sold my iPad 3 a month ago in the hope of scoring a Mini late October/early November. Don't know if I'm going to wait until what could be the 29th of Nov for the new mini which is going to be in crazy demand.

There be enough to go around IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

As far as I can remember there is never a shortage of iPads like there is on iPhones and every year there are plenty of them about.

The likes of PC World are a good bet too. Argos and Harvey Norman or other possibilities.

Why do people think there will be none around on Nov 1st when Apple have confirmed it as the launch day in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

What cases are people going to get for the ipad air, I was thinking of getting a smart case although it's very pricey. I have my ipad 2 in a loose fitting ipad 1 case as it picked up a lot of scratches in a Smart Cover.

What cases are people going to get for the ipad air, I was thinking of getting a smart case although it's very pricey. I have my ipad 2 in a loose fitting ipad 1 case as it picked up a lot of scratches in a Smart Cover.

I'll probably go for one of these.

However judging from another discussion on iPhone cases you'll get people coming in here saying they are not good enough and should buy an Apple one.

Nobody heard anything about availability tomorrow?

Any midnight openings tonight?

Seems to be very little buzz about it or info on retailers websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

murpho999 wrote: »
    Nobody heard anything about availability tomorrow?

Any midnight openings tonight?

Seems to be very little buzz about it or info on retailers websites.

Apparently there shouldn't be shortages, but who knows what it will be like in Ireland.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/30/apple-stores-receiving-large-quantities-of-ipad-air-stock-ahead-of-fridays-launch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

do hmv on henry street sell apple stuff?

If they don't I might take a stroll down to pc world in Jervis tomorrow morning, don't fancy walking over to Compub.

Have Argos had them on launch day in the past as it's handy for reserving an item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Aodhagan wrote: »

If you don't mind Nexus 7 32GB gen 1 then you might be interested in the deal on iBood.ie currently. €150 + €12.50 shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Undecided until I hold one in my hands, really like the feel of the mini,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Any guesses of whether any of the bigger Tescos might have them? I'd guess there's better chances of getting one in there if it comes to it.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Any guesses of whether any of the bigger Tescos might have them? I'd guess there's better chances of getting one in there if it comes to it.

I think it will be widely available in PC World/Currys, Harvey Norman and CompuB.

This is not an iPhone launch.

Just wish the suppliers would put some info on their sites about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DrMorphine wrote: »
    If you don't mind Nexus 7 32GB gen 1 then you might be interested in the deal on iBood.ie currently. €150 + €12.50 shipping.

Decent price in fairness but if I was getting one it would have to be the 2nd gen. 1st doesn't handle the latest software very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

LukeS_ wrote: »

Tesco in Clarehall said they were not selling them tomorrow (went into the store and asked).

CompuB + PC World should have them. As far as I know there is plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

https://twitter.com/compub/status/395950216869720064

Looks like CompuB won't have them tomorrow, which doesn't bode well for general availability.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think it will be widely available in PC World/Currys, Harvey Norman and CompuB.

This is not an iPhone launch.

Just wish the suppliers would put some info on their sites about it.

iPad 2 launch a few years ago was mental.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/compub/status/395950216869720064

Looks like CompuB won't have them tomorrow, which doesn't bode well for general availability.

Sorry but that does not say they won't have any it says they don't have on-line ordering for in store pick up.

whiterebel wrote: »
    iPad 2 launch a few years ago was mental.

At the time it was the only player in town, all changed now.

Even so I don't think there were launch day shortages like the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Sorry but that does not say they won't have any it says they don't have on-line ordering for in store pick up.

Ahh, I misread it, carry on and ignore me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

At the time it was the only player in town, all changed now.

Even so I don't think there were launch day shortages like the iPhone.

There were. Currys, Expert Electrical etc had pre-order lists. Not as bad a iPhone launches, but there were shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

PC World has them on their website now so I am hoping they will in store tomorrow as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 in love

Would you recommend buying iPad Air from apple.ie as I will also buy its original cover. Do they ship them fast?

Advertisement