Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, Where Are We Going to Buy the iPad Air on Launch Day Next Friday?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

They're on the Argos website as well. Just reserved mine for collection from the Ilac centre today. No one mug me on my way back to work please.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

took a look at argos there, you get a €10 gift voucher if you spend over a €100 on a tablet aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    They're on the Argos website as well. Just reserved mine for the collection from the Ilac centre today. No one mug me on my way back to work please.

+ 1 - reserved fairly handy this morning. Going to pick it up at lunch fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

OREGATO wrote: »
    + 1 - reserved fairly handy this morning. Going to pick it up at lunch fingers crossed.

Also went Argos route. Reserve is so handy. 32gb silver on Ilac. Only two of that model left after me.
    None in Jervis.
    iI didn't check other models.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Just checked Swords Argos and none in stock :(

Has anyone actually physically bought one today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Have one reserved in compub but can't pick it up till after 10:30.
    Seemingly there is a queue outside there now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

No Argos stock of the 16 or 32gb in space grey around Dublin by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I picked one up in PC World Cork this morning....strolled in at 8.15am and got one no problem. They said they mainly have 16gb (limited stock of the grey), and a handful of 32 & 64GB.

Keep checking Argos, when I checked first thing this morning, it said none (of the 32GB space grey) checked later on and there was 2 so reserved one, they seem to be all gone now. But I'm assuming it's others who have reserved also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

PC World in Swords opened early for the iPad air launch, but didn't really advertise it (I think killing the PC world boards forum really did a disservice here). I had planned to go to CompuB in the Pavilion but I noticed they were open. When I went in, turns out I was the first customer.

A representative from Apple was there (Stephanie) who took a picture of my Son holding the Air as a first customer. :) Wish I had brushed his hair though.

The stock they had on display was not a lot, but I suspect they have more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Do none of the stores sell the cellular versions of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

DylanII wrote: »
    Do none of the stores sell the cellular versions of them?

Doesn't appear to be any Cellular models anywhere. Discovered this after queuing 45 mins at CompuB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    They're on the Argos website as well. Just reserved mine for collection from the Ilac centre today. No one mug me on my way back to work please.

Where'd ya work boss!

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Doesn't appear to be any Cellular models anywhere. Discovered this after queuing 45 mins at CompuB.

Have it from good source that there is a shipment of cellular hitting compub at lunch time.
    I am guessing a lot of these are reserved.

Sorry I should have said there were NO cellular in the shipment this morning (in Compub)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rgbm1

32gb wifi space grey are available in Argos Stephens Green again, just reserved one myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Got mine from Ilac, it's for a gift so haven't opened it, but it's super light!

sham69 wrote: »
    Have it from good source that there is a shipment of cellular hitting compub at lunch time.

Sorry I should have said there were NO cellular in the shipment this morning (in Compub)

Im not in any rush for it, I was just wondering if stores would be getting them, I have €700 store credit in PC World and I was just hoping to try to get one in the next week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Anyone know if the covers are readily available?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

sham69 wrote: »

Ordered online. Says delivery on the 6th so that's fine. Only a few days away.

Covers I'd say won't sell out that quick, you should be fine getting one, there are two types I think, one that covers the back as well as the front and one that covers the front only.

I'm just back to the office after picking mine up from Nutgrove - 32GB black, haven't opened it yet :D

You also get a free €10 voucher from Argos which is handy.

Just to note on the cellular version, do people not just teather it off their smart phones these days? That's my plan anyway if I were to need it while not in a Wifi zone, I have the iPad 1 at home cellular version and never used or put a sim card in it at all.

• Advertisement

OREGATO wrote: »
    Covers I'd say won't sell out that quick, you should be fine getting one, there are two types I think, one that covers the back as well as the front and one that covers the front only.

I'm just back to the office after picking mine up from Nutgrove - 32GB black, haven't opened it yet :D

You also get a free €10 voucher from Argos which is handy.

Just to note on the cellular version, do people not just teather it off their smart phones these days? That's my plan anyway if I were to need it while not in a Wifi zone, I have the iPad 1 at home cellular version and never used or put a sim card in it at all.

I was thinking of doing that however Im with three now and their 3G signal is not great in Maynooth where I go to college so having vodafone broadband works better for me. And if you always need to tether then your phone will end up dieing pretty quickly.

Three also ban tethering - so they could decide at anytime to block access for my iPad.

I went with a cheap cover on ebay ( i think the link is in this thread)
    The original one I got with my ipad 2 went to bits (magnets came out) and I looked after it pretty well.

Decided this time not to go with original..

DylanII wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing that however Im with three now and their 3G signal is not great in Maynooth where I go to college so having vodafone broadband works better for me. And if you always need to tether then your phone will end up dieing pretty quickly.

Three also ban tethering - so they could decide at anytime to block access for my iPad.

Why not get one of those portable Wifi devices and stick a Vodafone sim card in it? You can then even use it against other devices such as your phone and laptops at the same time, see here: http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/onlineAnywhere/mobileBroadband/mobileBroadbandHome.jsp?subPage=devices&groupFilteringValue=1300002

Surely it's more economical than spending an additional €100 for the cellular capability. you could easily go for the next storage size up instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Plenty of stock and not many queues in Belfast.

Posted from my iPad Air :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wiblick

So.... no cellular in stock, and what about 128GB? Suppose I'll just order online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Grudle wrote: »
    Anyone know if the covers are readily available?

No smart covers in Compub Grafton St. They do have third party covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wiblick

Do they have the new logitech keyboard cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

So does anyone know if there are any in the bigger Tesco Extras? Easier than lumping myself to town. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Guys, just picked one 32Gb silver white from PC World in Blanchardstown, they have plenty 16GB & 32GB on stock, both collors. No 64GB.

They gave me 50€ voucher for the next purchase with no minimal spend required! Nice surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

wiblick wrote: »
    Do they have the new logitech keyboard cover?

I didn't see it. It's not on the website either:
    http://store.compub.com/collections/cases/logitech
    None of these:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/28/logitech-ipad-air-keyboard-cases/
    You can ping them on twitter @compub - they are very responsive.

PS I just checked Argos - no smart cases.
    PPS I presume the old iPad covers will work with the Air until replacements come on sale. [D'oh - of course, the Air is slimmer, so the old "smart cover" will extend passed the right hand edge. Just ordered the "smart case" from store.apple.com. Should deliver next Tuesday.]

Advertisement