Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, Where Are We Going to Buy the iPad Air on Launch Day Next Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

kucyk wrote: »
    Guys, just picked one 32Gb silver white from PC World in Blanchardstown, they have plenty 16GB & 32GB on stock, both collors. No 64GB.

They gave me 50€ voucher for the next purchase with no minimal spend required! Nice surprise!

is that in all pc worlds? handy for a case

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

I just picked up an iPad Air from Harvey Normans in Swords Airside Park... they've loads left...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`m undecided as whether to upgrade from iPad 3 to Air. My wife has a Ipad 1 that is starting to show its age so could pass the 3 on to her as a nice upgrade but just looking for some feedback from people who have got the iPad Air and how much of an upgrade they find it from their previous version.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

After much dithering about whether to wait for the Mini, I cycled up to Argos and returned iPad Air in hand. (No smart cover, though. I'll order one online.)

Damn, this thing is light! I can understand why Apple is promoting the Air over the Mini. It can easily be held and operated in one hand, which I wasn't expecting. The reduction in size and volume gives the Mini a serious run for its money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just picked my 32gb Silver Air from Argos.

It really is beautiful. Love it.

I thought when iCloud was set up it would sync with the apps on my phone?

Is this not right?

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I`m undecided as whether to upgrade from iPad 3 to Air. My wife has a Ipad 1 that is starting to show its age so could pass the 3 on to her as a nice upgrade but just looking for some feedback from people who have got the iPad Air and how much of an upgrade they find it from their previous version.:)

Just put the idea to my Mrs and funnily enough she is all for me getting the Air.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

I had the iPad 2, iPad 4, then the iPad Mini... and glad to have the iPad Air now as it feels like an iPad Mini in your hand with the screen size of a normal iPad (if that even makes sense)... basically it solves what i don't like about the iPad 4 (too big and heavy) and it solves what i don't like about the Mini (the screen is slightly too small)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just picked my 32gb Silver Air from Argos.

It really is beautiful. Love it.

I thought when iCloud was set up it would sync with the apps on my phone?

Is this not right?

No, and there's no reason to want this since most of your iPhone apps might not support the iPad. You'd only end up deleting half of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Cyrus wrote: »
    is that in all pc worlds? handy for a case

Not sure, but I can use it only between 21.11 and 24.12

No, and there's no reason to want this since most of your iPhone apps might not support the iPad. You'd only end up deleting half of them.

Yes, makes sense just means I have to download a lot of apps so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Woop woop!!! My OH just got me a 64gb 3G in Space Grey for Christmas. Only bad thing is I've got to wait 2 months to play with it. :(

What's the best PAYG data carrier for iPad?

Yes, makes sense just means I have to download a lot of apps so!

If the apps are synced with itunes, you could transfer them over via USB.

This device certainly looks more beautiful in design when you actually see it doesn't it?

No other tablet can match it, despite what Apple critics say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

This device certainly looks more beautiful in design when you actually see it doesn't it?

No other tablet can match it, despite what Apple critics say.

It certainly does. I'm glad I went for white, too.

Zcott wrote: »
    It certainly does. I'm glad I went for white, too.

Yes, this was a big 1st world problem for me as they say but I plumped for white.

Looks good and shows up less fingerprints apparently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Just bought one in Currys/PC World in Jervis. They have a good few of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does anybody know why on the Apple website there's no student discount showing up on the for new iPad? Does it just take a few weeks to be applied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Does anybody know why on the Apple website there's no student discount showing up on the for new iPad? Does it just take a few weeks to be applied?

I don't think there is student discount for iPads.

Picked up a 32GB white in PC World in Blanchardstown a few minutes ago and got the €50 voucher(valid from 21/11). They also had the new Smart cases in stock if anyone is looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zcott wrote: »
    I don't think there is student discount for iPads.

Oh really? That'd make sense why I'm not seeing the discount so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I was in powercity, Bray this morning and your man said that they were getting them in next week not this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Picked up a 32GB white in PC World in Blanchardstown a few minutes ago and got the €50 voucher(valid from 21/11). They also had the new Smart cases in stock if anyone is looking for them.

cool

how much are the cases

Cyrus wrote: »
    cool

how much are the cases

Same as on the Apple site - €39 for the single smart cover and €79 for the two sided smart case. More smart covers than cases but still had a few of the covers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh really? That'd make sense why I'm not seeing the discount so!

No discounts for Higher ED on iPads, iPods, iPhones,

It only applies to the Mac computers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I was in and out of Argos in about 2 minutes. The reservation system is a winner.

€10 voucher has to be used by the end of the month. My plan to hand it off as a Christmas present was foiled!

Voucher can be used in store over here. Its a receipt and is valid from November 21st for about a month I think. Sorry I`m in work and its out in the car so cant check exact dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm in Dublin airport now just had a play with the demo model. I was all set to get a 32gb wi-fi version to replace my iPad 2, but after using it I'll going to pass.

The difference in speed of use was only signifatcantly noticeable while using the maps programs - Safari was only negligably snappier.

I'd recommend getting your hands on one first if your concidering an upgrade. If it's your first - go for it!

grizzly wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin airport now just had a play with the demo model. I was all set to get a 32gb wi-fi version to replace my iPad 2, but after using it I'll going to pass.

The difference in speed of use was only signifatcantly noticeable while using the maps programs - Safari was only negligably snappier.

I'd recommend getting your hands on one first if your concidering an upgrade. If it's your first - go for it!

I had a play with one before purchase and found it much snappier at everything in general than my previous version which is a iPad 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

50 euros off anything in store. But does't activate until near the end of November and then for a short period that I can see.

Advertisement