Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jodie Marsh on Steroids

• 25-10-2013 10:19pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watched this?

Seems a pretty balanced show so far (I'm just in the first twenty minutes)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Balanced me hole. Full of hyperbole. She is a massive **** and anyone who takes anything she does seriously needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Turned out she wasn't on steroids. Pity. But I didn't think it was balanced at all. Granted, steroids aren't my bag but it definitely wasn't balanced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What channel?

It was on TLC on Wednesday, I think. Not sure if it was on since but I'd recorded it. Was basically an anti-steroids show, which I'm inclined to think was good but it wasn't necessarily balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

What channel?

It's on TLC plus one now. Half way over but it's on Monday at 10 again and an hour later on plus one.

• Advertisement

Turned out she wasn't on steroids. Pity.
    Thought it was obvious that she was not using. She has zero mass.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Thought it was obvious that she was not using. She has zero mass.

I wasn't being entirely serious, John.

I wasn't being entirely serious, John.

Ooooops! Missed that!

I lolled hard at some if the stuff. Like her saying "having reached the pinnacle of natural bodybuilding". If I recall she didn't even win a "real" bodybuilding show in the states, wasn't it a miss fitness style one?

Also her insinuating that she finished a disappointing 4th in another show as all the other girls were using underhand tricks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not seen the show, the girl is an idiot in any case. It was well known in the bodybuilding community that when she was a fitness model she was on st**oids. The masculine effect on her face were so blatant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I knew her coach when I lived in the uk. She's not on steroids, Not saying she'd pass a drugs test but not gear ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Her victim of bad health stated he "lived the Hollywood lifestyle", to me that translate to, "Sure I took steroids, but I also snorted more Coke than you could shovel and drank like a fish too" Coke is notorious for being bad for the heart. Not saying steroids are not bad for the heart, but you know, the Coke probably was as bad if not worse.

That hits it on the head. In one of the gyms I worked from was right in the middle of the square mile in London. Some of the members were nuts, drinks every night, coke a lot then doubling/tripling the dose on prohormones and running them for months solid.

I knew her coach when I lived in the uk. She's not on steroids, Not saying she'd pass a drugs test but not gear ;)

Eddie Abew or Tim Sharpe?

Sharp

Sharp

He seems like a really nice dude.

Loads of the lads I worked with were all from Essex and despite the stereotype they were all fairly sound. Essex is the breading ground of PTs it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Well worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

i thought it was decent enough show tbh.

I think people might be expecting too much from a show of this format.
    It is a human interest angle not a documentatry.

She did focus on the more negative side in the 2nd half but given she allowed the couple in vegas and the fellow in florida make their cases without contradication so it was fair to both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

People being mad about the show and giving out is more than likely what the desired outcome of this show was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Who gives a toss about what Jodie Marsh thinks about anything?
    It was a crap show on a crap channel.
    She has zero credentials to do a documentary on anything other than malignant narcissism.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Who gives a toss about what Jodie Marsh thinks about anything?
    It was a crap show on a crap channel.
    She has zero credentials to do a documentary on anything other than malignant narcissism.

I do and I'm sure plenty more did.
    She is only a presenter - does pat kenny know anything on the topics he covers?

However somebody like her in the public eye who decides to hit the gym in a big way can be only a good thing for health and fitness.

many women (including my missus) are impressed with her results from lifting weights and she is someone they can relate to from seeing her in mags like heat etc.. (I don't know any guys that read heat to be frank).
    This can only be a good thing -it's a positive image.

Unless they're into fitness the latest semi-naked crossfit chick does nothing for most women however somebody like jodi marsh can do.
    If you don't see that then so be it.

However somebody like her in the public eye who decides to hit the gym in a big can be only a good thing for health and fitness.

This was what was hoped for however that did not transpire.

She is not popular in the community due to er self serving actions.

She is damaging the "sport" rather than enhancing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I do and I'm sure plenty more did.
    She is only a presenter - does pat kenny know anything on the topics he covers?

However somebody like her in the public eye who decides to hit the gym in a big can be only a good thing for health and fitness.

many women (including my missus) are impressed with her results from lifting weights and she is someone they can relate to from seeing her in mags like heat etc.. (I don't know any guys that read heat to be frank).
    This can only be a good thing -it's a positive image.

Unless they're into fitness the latest semi-naked crossfit chick does nothing for most women however somebody like jodi marsh can do.
    If you don't see that then so be it.

I wrote a long reply and then deleted it as I'm taking a day off from internet arguing.
    Suffice to say, your post has made me very sad :(

Jodie marsh to gain 40 pounds of muscle before next season and do that crazy bouncing boobie thing, srs.

john_cappa wrote: »
    This was what was hoped for however that did not transpire.

She is not popular in the community due to er self serving actions.

She is damaging the "sport" rather than enhancing it.

It's ok that we can agree to differ .

I'd argue it does transpire - maybe not to "fitness" people but she has a decent body that cause non-fitness people (i mean people who aren't too into fitness) go "hmmm, that looks decent".
    they may join a gym and train accordingly.
    You know the aerobix, cardio kickbox, TRX crowd - it may broaden their horizon if anything. that is a really good thing.

maybe people in "the community" are not her target market.
    I don't want to attack you , I'm sure you are a nice guy - but "the community " sound like an clique and cliques are unpleasant.
    Zamboni wrote: »
    I wrote a long reply and then deleted it as I'm taking a day off from internet arguing.

Suffice to say, your post has made me very sad

**** sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's ok that we can agree to differ .

I'd argue it does transpire - maybe not to "fitness" people but she has a decent body that cause non-fitness people (i mean people who aren't too into fitness) go "hmmm, that looks decent".

No it most certainly doesn't.

Anyone that I know thinks 'UGH that's rotten! I'm defo not lifting weights if I turn into that!'

The same people (i.e. most people) don't realise that she only looks like that for a few hours.

No it most certainly doesn't.

Anyone that I know thinks 'UGH that's rotten! I'm defo not lifting weights if I turn into that!'

The same people (i.e. most people) don't realise that she only looks like that for a few hours.

The girls I watched the show with are different people to those the ones you know.
    that is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Ironic that she got pissed off at someone working harder than her with steroids in an open competition, even though anything she ever competed / worked in prior to bodybuilding all she had to do was inject more silicon into her face or get a bigger pair of tits to beat off (no pun intended) the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

I only caught a small part of it but the part I caught was about some chap comparing his numbers to that of a mate of his.

He said his 1RM before steroids was 70kg on the bench, just thought, not really any point to this but just thought.... hes some lazy b*****d :P

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    I only caught a small part of it but the part I caught was about some chap comparing his numbers to that of a mate of his.

He said his 1RM before steroids was 70kg on the bench, just thought, not really any point to this but just thought.... hes some lazy b*****d :P

I don't think it's laziness, I think it's impatience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

My wording may have been a bit wrong there, impatience is more apt. Still think its crazy to start using when you can't even bench more than 70kg. Ah well!

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    My wording may have been a bit wrong there, impatience is more apt. Still think its crazy to start using when you can't even bench more than 70kg. Ah well!

I think it's crazy to start using full stop but that's not every ones opinion. He wanted strength, he got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Id like to know what course of PEDs he is on for 7 months straight

Advertisement