Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want an iphone 5C, am I crazy?

• 25-10-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

So, went to a shop today and had a good look at the iphone 5c. I know people will probably think I'm crazy, but I actualy really like the design. I have a 64gb iphone 5 at the moment though, that's the problem :(
    I would really like an iphone 5 c, my question is, would I be mad to go from 64 to 32gb?
    Thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Why would you be crazy for liking a phone? I know a lot of people who prefer the 5c over 5s/5.

From what I've read, there is no major difference between a 5 and a 5c, so not sure if there is much benefit to upgrade unless its purely aesthetics.

If you use 64gb then you might be mad going to a 32gb, but if you only use 32gb or less, then save yourself 100euro and go for the 32gb. You can see you usage within the Settings -> General -> About.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

First sign of madness "an iphone 5c"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For me the 5c is a nice phone.

Basically a 5 in a different case.

Problem is that it was expected to be a lot cheaper than it is and just a little extra will get you a higher spec 5s.

As for 64gb to 32gb , it can be done.

I have a 64gb 4s but find the €200 extra for it to be an absolute rip off.

So I've analysed what I have, and I have far too much music on the device that I don't use and also too many pictures.

Have decided that better use of cloud services, and switching music to Apple match will mean I can easily go to a 16gb and save €200.

Check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The 5c is a great phone, but the fact that you get so much more in the 5s for €100 is the reason why it's a difficult choice. The only reason I could see to buy the 5c would be if you really liked the design and weren't too bothered about specs or Touch ID. There probably wouldn't be a major boost in speed for a lot of things but certain things would show the differences between the two. I think Touch ID is the 5s' biggest selling point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

afterglow wrote: »
    I have a 64gb iphone 5 at the moment though, that's the problem :(

It was fine until you said this...
    Nothing wrong with buying the 5c, unless you have an iPhone 5 already. You do realise it is an iPhone 5 in a plastic case? So if someone who doesn't have an iPhone 5 would want one I'd say go for it, but you basically have an iPhone 5c in a nicer "jacket". Matter of taste obviously but the "premium" iPhone 5s has the same design. Also as others said the 5c is not cheap enough to not go for the 5s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 apple5s

murpho999 wrote: »

I have a 64gb 4s but find the €200 extra for it to be an absolute rip off.

Check it out.

Thats my problem. Everyone tells me to get a Galaxy and extend the memory with a card.

I suppose what had gotten me thinking is that all our IT department changed from apple to samsung. I think once you play around with samsung you get a good feel for the extra features they have, plus less expensive and you can extend the memory.

I loved apple. But to get the 64gb models its way to expensive for a phone on contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

afterglow wrote: »
    I have a 64gb iphone 5 at the moment though, that's the problem :(
    I would really like an iphone 5 c, my question is, would I be mad to go from 64 to 32gb?
    Tbh, that's just mad. You're downgrading in my opinion.
    How about getting a nice case for you existing 64GB ip5 instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Depends on how long you plan to hold onto the phone, the 5s has a 64 bit chip which means the 5c will struggle to keep pace with new release's and could age quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

hi all

Thanks so much for replies they've been very helpful indeed.
    I will hold on I think, perhaps next year they will have a better speck phone in the 5c design. To the poster who is talking about samsung, not an option for me as their accessibility is absolutely horendous/non existant.
    Thanks for all the comon sense replies, they have helped a lot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

rodento wrote: »
    Depends on how long you plan to hold onto the phone, the 5s has a 64 bit chip which means the 5c will struggle to keep pace with new release's and could age quickly

Not bloody likely. The 5 is still more than capable of keeping up with newer phones, as is the 4S.

Either way OP. There is literally no reason to go from the 5 to the 5C.

• Advertisement
Advertisement