Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance for a 64GB iPhone

Options
  • 26-10-2013 12:09am

I'm considering phone insurance for my 64GB iPhone 5S that was bought in Belfast last week. gadgetinsurance.ie won't cover me because the market value of the phone is greater than €750. mobilecover.ie only cover devices that were purchased in ROI. protectyourbubble.com seem to be fine though.

Any other suggestions or thoughts? I've seen some reports online of people saying that these policies are useless because of conditions added to the small print, but the fact that I'm carrying around a phone worth circa €850 is a little frightening!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I just got a prepay Iphone 4s - €379.99 with €50 free credit so basically €330. I'm not getting insurance - waste of money. ok big difference to €850 but for me I'm willing to take the chance. You could just try saving €10 or €20 a month and then you would have that money.

If you do take out a policy read the small print because they will have every excuse under the sun not to pay you anything if something happens.

Advertisement