Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest screen repair in Dublin

• 26-10-2013 3:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I have a cracked iPhone 4s screen (front and back) and I'm wondering where the cheapest place in Dublin to get a replacement is?

I got my 3GS repaired last year for €40 on Moore Street (Phone Buzz) but the same shop now are charging €65.

Has anyone had their phone replaced for cheaper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I bought a 3GS screen kit including tools for €9 from eBay a few weeks ago, found a YouTube instructional video and replaced it myself.

4S kit it prob a bit more expensive but would you consider trying it yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    I have a cracked iPhone 4s screen (front and back) and I'm wondering where the cheapest place in Dublin to get a replacement is?

I got my 3GS repaired last year for €40 on Moore Street (Phone Buzz) but the same shop now are charging €65.

Maybe because you got a 3GS fixed and now a 4s? (Most shops charge more for the 4s as the screen is more expensive).
    No idea who's cheapest but would recommend www.syncron.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Had mine done only yesterday by "GSM Connection" at 78 Talbot St.

Cost me €50 and I'm happy with the result. Screen seems good quality too.

If you do go there they will try to sell you new switches and sensors etc but just say no and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Did some shopping around for iPad screen repair last week. Prices ranged from €75 to €150! Ultimately the cheapest place was GSM world on Moore Street. Very happy with their service.

Advertisement