Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fibre Modem

• 26-10-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭

I currently have vodafone broadband and I am considering upgrading to fibre. In my current setup I have a Cisco/Lynsky router. My pc is hard wired and we have 2 tablets on wifi. Somebody told me that the Vodafone fibre modem is hardwire only and that I will not have wifi for the tablets. Would appreciate any info from somebody with Vodafone fibre.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

lasno wrote: »
    I currently have vodafone broadband and I am considering upgrading to fibre. In my current setup I have a Cisco/Lynsky router. My pc is hard wired and we have 2 tablets on wifi. Somebody told me that the Vodafone fibre modem is hardwire only and that I will not have wifi for the tablets. Would appreciate any info from somebody with Vodafone fibre.
    I don't have one but it seems like it has WiFi:
    High Performance Modem for Fibre Broadband Customers

Our new Fibre modem comes complete with everything you need to bring your new Vodafone fibre broadband connection to life! It comes with the latest wireless technology meaning that all your devices will work, all of the time to let you stream TV shows, music or play games online at blistering speeds!

If you want to share content around your home over your different gadgets, the modem can help you there too as it has sharing technology already built in!

It also has a USB slot to allows you to connect a hard drive or other storage device directly to the modem and connect to it in your home or even out and about!

It also has a number of hardwired connection for when you need a really strong connection and when used with our new high speed power line connectors, we can even use the electrical cables in your home to turn any standard electrical plug into an internet connection - ideal for a great home network!

Wi-Fi 802.11n supported @ 300Mbps, means you get a stronger, more reliable Wi-Fi connection.
    MIMO enabled for super-fast wireless browsing across multiple devices.
    DLNA active for sharing content among your devices
    USB Interface for Storage, Printers and Mobile Broadband Backup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

lasno wrote: »
    Somebody told me that the Vodafone fibre modem is hardwire only and that I will not have wifi for the tablets.

That's not true , I have it and it does have wireless built in. even has a nice wifi on/off button on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Thank you very much for your replies and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Jimmyireland

can i ask what is the make and model of the modem please..i am getting vodafone e fibre next week and would like to read up on the modem before it arrives...

Thanks

Jimmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Huawei HG658c - supports 802.11b/g/n and MIMO so 100% has wifi!

• Advertisement
Advertisement