Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Stoke | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

:D Ok, sorry! Do you think he should be picked ahead of Adnan?

No of course not. Along with Rooney Adnan is the form player at the club. Nani should be competing for the opposite wing, and in that competition he is still one of our best options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Pro. F wrote: »
    He has had a good season any time he has been played consistently. So the second half of 09/10, all of 10/11 and the majority of 11/12 (when he wasn't out injured). That's more than one season, you should count more carefully. The rest of his career he wasn't been shown any faith by Fergie (other than being kept at the club) and so he wasn't getting regular starts.

For somebody who can't get his cross to beat the first man he does a lot of good crossing.

He had one cross today and the defender did give him time and space. I don't think United can afford to give him time if he is going to put in performances like today while he finds form when there is someone else ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No its not bollocks ,Nani has had one good season ,the rest have been hit and miss.
    He is like Jekyl and Hyde .
    After 6 years he still cant get his cross to beat the first man .

You mean like that cross to Rooney today that produced a goal? He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, look at the Sunderland game, 2 or 3 first half crosses that an on form set of strikers would have put away.

No of course not. Along with Rooney Adnan is the form player at the club. Nani should be competing for the opposite wing, and in that competition he is still one of our best options.

Hmm, I think he is a better option for the wing than Kagawa alright, but not at the expense of Adnan. Kag was meant to be on the left today but he kept coming inside to Rooney's spot.

He had one cross today and the defender did give him time and space. I don't think United can afford to give him time if he is going to put in performances like today while he finds form when there is someone else ready to go.
    Hmm, I think he is a better option for the wing than Kagawa alright, but not at the expense of Adnan. Kag was meant to be on the left today but he kept coming inside to Rooney's spot.

You are talking as if there is only one slot on the wing available. There are two. Adnan has one starting place nailed down, the other is open for competition and Nani is one of the best options we have on current form. Kagawa is the other.

Kagawa has had as many good and bad games as Nani this season. Nani also has the bonus of not fúcking up team shape like Kags does and leaving his fullback completely isolated.

• Advertisement

You are talking as if there is only one slot on the wing available. There are two. Adnan has one starting place nailed down, the other is open for competition and Nani is one of the best options we have on current form. Kagawa is the other.

Kagawa has had as many good and bad games as Nani this season. Nani also has the bonus of not fúcking up team shape like Kags does and leaving his fullback completely isolated.

I'm not talking like that; it's just how you chose to interpret it! :) I don't think either player has had a good game this season, Kagawa was excellent from 50 mins on in the Real game; but they are not as good as most, if not all PL teams.

For the one open wing place, Nani, Valencia, Young are the out and out wingers; they all need to step up their game. Kagawa clearly doesn't want to be out there.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Take a look at the stats and look at all the games he has neither an assist or a goal. There is as many if not more.Take a close look at his stats for last season and this. Plus hes almost 27 not like hes going to improve.

You said he hasn't produced anything in the last two years. Once again you were wrong. To describe his 11/12 season as not producing anything is to lie. You are lying about Nani's production. Your lying to yourself, that's why your opinion on him is wrong.

Nobody is trying to make him out to be our saviour. Pure straw man argument.

His goals/assists to minutes compares well to any winger in the PL. If you are calling him up on the level of production in that season, a season severely hampered by injury when he still got 19 goals+assists in 24 starts, then you wouldn't be happy with any PL wingers.

I'm not talking like that; it's just how you chose to interpret it! :) I don't think either player has had a good game this season, Kagawa was excellent from 50 mins on in the Real game; but they are not as good as most, if not all PL teams.

For the one open wing place, Nani, Valencia, Young are the out and out wingers; they all need to step up their game. Kagawa clearly doesn't want to be out there.

Ah I see. So you are arguing that maybe Valencia or Young should play instead of Nani. Terrific idea.

Ah I see. So you are arguing that maybe Valencia or Young should play instead of Nani. Terrific idea.

You're funny! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Didn't get to watch the match. Super match thread though!

Just watching the highlights now and Kagawa's natural inclination is to go central. He's gonna find it tough to play most of the season on that left wing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Liam O wrote: »
    You mean like that cross to Rooney today that produced a goal? He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, look at the Sunderland game, 2 or 3 first half crosses that an on form set of strikers would have put away.

Best crosser at the club ,are you having a laugh ?
    He fails to beat the first man most of the time .
    Sure he gets the odd good cross in but most of his crossing is poor .In a match at the start of the season he must have hit the first man 9 or ten times ,it was farcical .
    Next you will tell me he is a better crosser of the ball than Beckham.

Best crosser at the club ,are you having a laugh ?
    He fails to beat the first man most of the time .
    Sure he gets the odd good cross in but most of his crossing is poor .In a match at the start of the season he must have hit the first man 9 or ten times ,it was farcical .
    Next you will tell me he is a better crosser of the ball than Beckham.

What game was this where he hit the first man 9 or 10 times? I'd like to check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Beckham is still at Utd.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ib10Gwliiyl40F.gif

I really do hate Stoke.

Advertisement