Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Stoke | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

**** me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Getting real sick of this ffs.

How does a team get so ****ing bad so quick.

Jesus just dont bring ****ing Giggs on at half time ffs!!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

You are joking?

No. I think he could have got across a bit quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

smalling is a much better footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

First time there was boos at HT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

CSF wrote: »
    Cmon lads say it, not Moyes fault.

You reckon it was moyes fault that yer man scored a cracker of a few kick?lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jones off, Smalling CB, Rafael RB please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Kagawa is completely wasted out the left, we've nothing coming from that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The performancea this season are a a complete and utter disgrace. Moyes is out of his depth but the players need to take a look at themselves aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

That team was held together by the magic of Fergie last season, it's pretty obvious now.

Awful stuff from players that have no true place at OT.

Ah well... lets hope we can improve in the second period & somehow pull off a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Lads anyone got a good link for the match.I cant watch it on setanta online for some reason. No links in the match streams threads by the way.

Getting real sick of this ffs.

How does a team get so ****ing bad so quick.

Jesus just dont bring ****ing Giggs on at half time ffs!!!!!.

Giggs isn't on the subs bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll be the first to say it, some bumpy times ahead for Man United supporters, Moyes has to spend in January,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Every mistake we make the other team seems to score. Never mind them creating their own chances.

YES!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Be interesting to see how Moyes reacts.

probably reach into the depths of his coaching excellence and tactically nous and ...

...Giggsy comes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lennonist wrote: »
    No. I think he could have got across a bit quicker.

It's not even that. It's the fact he moved behind his line which meant the bar came into question. If he stays in front of the line he gets a hand on it before the ball touches the bar. The shot wasn't even in the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You reckon it was moyes fault that yet man scored a cracker of a few kick?lol
    Not specifically, but I think it is Moyes' fault United are 2-1 down. I was just mocking the phenomenon of certain United fans jumping to be like 'that wasn't Moyes' fault'. Moyes picks the team and gives the tactical instruction, he is 100% to be held responsible for everything good and bad that happens. We didn't criticise him when Januzaj scored the cracker saying 'how can we praise Moyes for Januzaj scoring a cracker of a goal', there needs to be a balance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

RasTa wrote: »
    Every mistake we make the other team seems to score. Never mind them creating their own chances.

If they scored from every chance they had we'd have conceded 5 or 6 in that half.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll be the first to say it, some bumpy times ahead for Man United supporters, Moyes has to spend in January,
    At this rate, Moyes can't be at United in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RasTa wrote: »

Ya that first goal sums up the season so far,very messy.

How long till we see Januzaj ?

Gary Neville on Twitter ''Going to break my prediction promise !! United 4-2.... Rooney to grab it by the scruff of its neck!''

I hope he's right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This is worrying... very very worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

How long till we see Januzaj ?

Why are we seeing Nani!? :pac:

It's a dare i say it, a transitional season under David Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

All these games are at home aswell cant wait to see when we start playing away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

He wont be sacked becuase we can't sack someone this quick becuase the next manager will be under as much pressure then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wouldn't be overly critical on De Gea for the free-kick. If it wasn't for him, it could have been three or four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Thats nearly as good as a new signing

• Advertisement

DDG just seemed to get caught out with the ball clipping the crossbar.

Jones should have cleared the ball before he gave away the foul,he has had a stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not specifically, but I think it is Moyes' fault United are 2-1 down. I was just mocking the phenomenon of certain United fans jumping to be like 'that wasn't Moyes' fault'. Moyes picks the team and gives the tactical instruction, he is 100% to be held responsible for everything good and bad that happens. We didn't criticise him when Januzaj scored the cracker saying 'how can we praise Moyes for Januzaj scoring a cracker of a goal', there needs to be a balance there.

How is it his fault? This is a team with Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP and Cleverly. They should be able to dispatch stoke 4 or 5 nil. Really don't know what's going on, it's demoralising me rather than angering me tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Based on my Football Manager experience, I reckon a 4-1-3-2 would work. Nani Kagawa and Januzaj behind Rooney and RVP. However, I'm probably better than Moyes at FM so he'd probably mess it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Fellaini for Tom, Rafael for Jones, Adnan for Nani. That'd do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

With that backing from Fergie there is no way we'll see Moyes head on a stake before the season ends.

Has Jones ever got a real run playing as a defensive midfielder? Always thought he'd be more suited to that kind of role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

As it stands we're three points above the relegation zone. Nothing less than a win will do here. Arsenal 11 points ahead already.

Lighten the mood

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 2m
    Kagawa hear Suarez on fire at Anfield.
    Burning is to good for racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

titan18 wrote: »
    Based on my Football Manager experience, I reckon a 4-1-3-2 would work. Nani Kagawa and Januzaj behind Rooney and RVP. However, I'm probably better than Moyes at FM so he'd probably mess it up

You want a one man DMF of Carrick? We'd be slaughtered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Need a new set of wingers so badly , it's just outrageous how much valencia and nani have regressed since then - they are both finished. Was watching the CL games against Schalke from 2010 last night and couldn't believe the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    With that backing from Fergie there is no way we'll see Moyes head on a stake before the season ends.
    Nor should he be forced out... Players have to be bought - its as simple as that, we are now considerably behind in terms of quality, midfield in particular.

Has Jones ever got a real run playing as a defensive midfielder? Always thought he'd be more suited to that kind of role.

He played there for Blackburn but only has played a handful of games for Utd there.

Tom Hanks wrote: »

I wouldn't be so confident. I don't think the fans would be far from turning if results don't pick up soon and given the level of debt at the club, the Glazers simply can't afford to be outside of the Champions League.

Nolars wrote: »
    Lighten the mood

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 2m
    Kagawa hear Suarez on fire at Anfield.
    Burning is to good for racist!

Dont mention Liverpool ffs making me sick seeing us swap places this season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You want a one man DMF of Carrick? We'd be slaughtered.

Well, it worked in Football Manager. So, I'm all for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Carrick is playing 10 yatds too deep.

Cleverley is 10 yards too forward.

Rooney can't/won't pass, awful stuff if you're playing in the hole.

Nani is breaking up more of our moves than any Stoke player.

Back 4 all at sea.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Montroseee wrote: »
    Need a new set of wingers so badly , it's just outrageous how much valencia and nani have regressed since then - they are both finished. Was watching the CL games against Schalke from 2010 last night and couldn't believe the difference.

Nani set up our goal..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a dare i say it, a transitional season under David Moyes
    Transition from a good team to a bad team yeah. Takes time before United can get the full way there, but they are making steady progress. Seriously though, this transitional season talk is a load of dung. United cannot afford to finish outside the top 4.
    Liam O wrote: »
    How is it his fault? This is a team with Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP and Cleverly. They should be able to dispatch stoke 4 or 5 nil. Really don't know what's going on, it's demoralising me rather than angering me tho.
    There is alot more to being a manager than picking a good 11. If it was, all the best scouts would make the best managers. Moyes is a tactical dinosaur and it shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

To be honest I mostly blame the players. They're not playing well and when we concede they're dropping the heads and losing confidence, which is ridiculous for a team that is used to winning games and have come from behind numerous times. Last season I think Fergie was able to turn that around, don't think Moyes has the same ability. But then again the players are better than that and should be sorting themselves out, not relying on the manager.

I feel for Moyes because he must be thinking the same as we are when watching the games, "Jesus I thought these players were good but they're making simple mistakes".

Not sure what can be done in the short term to sort things out unfortunately.

A good 45 minutes now lads 5 - 2 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement