Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Stoke | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

For years teams came to Old Trafford and just sat back ,content to get as many players behind the ball as possible.
    This Utd team look very suspect when pressed by teams who play a high line .Bilbao gave them a lesson a few years ago.
    Carrick and Fellaini are too slow in body and mind and Cleverley is out of form
    Utd badly need 2 quality midfielders .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What happened with RVP at the end of the half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This half could turn out to be our season right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Nani set up our goal..

1 good thing doesn't make up for the 9 f-ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As an outsider, I always felt that this was a poor United squad (in comparison to past squads) that Ferguson managed to get playing above themselves because he's such a good manager. Without him there to impose his will on the players, their levels have dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

CSF wrote: »
    Not specifically, but I think it is Moyes' fault United are 2-1 down. I was just mocking the phenomenon of certain United fans jumping to be like 'that wasn't Moyes' fault'. Moyes picks the team and gives the tactical instruction, he is 100% to be held responsible for everything good and bad that happens. We didn't criticise him when Januzaj scored the cracker saying 'how can we praise Moyes for Januzaj scoring a cracker of a goal', there needs to be a balance there.

Moyes needs to start laying into the players from the sideline wake them up.

Saying he is 100% responsible for everything that happens is just wrong unless you somehow believe that he has special powers and can control players with a joystick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Are these Setanta in-house commentators or the world-feed guys from the PL?

Just out of interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moyes needs to start laying into the players from the sideline wake them up.

Saying he is 100% responsible for everything that happens is just wrong unless you somehow believe that he has special powers and can control players with a joystick.
    I said he should be held responsible. Not that he physically controls their actions. He picks the players and gives their instructions.

As an outsider, I always felt that this was a poor United squad (in comparison to past squads) that Ferguson managed to get playing above themselves because he's such a good manager. Without him there to impose his will on the players, their levels have dropped.

Nail on the head pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Oh FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Oh FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Are these Setanta in-house commentators or the world-feed guys from the PL?

Just out of interest
    Yeah think so - actually much better then the usual Setanta crew.

CSF wrote: »
    I said he should be held responsible. Not that he physically controls their actions. He picks the players and gives their instructions.

So you reckon every single football player does exactly what is asked of them by their manager all of the time?

Watch Cleverley closely & you'll see just how much of a poor player he really is.

So you reckon every single football player does exactly what is asked of them by their manager all of the time?

If they don't they should get the hairdryer! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I know you're not alone in your thinking, but this is bollocks though and not relevant to the situation now. It may be later on if we were challenging for the title and Moyes can't get every drop out of them like Fergie did. Let's say you don't rate the squad. Still the 3rd best in the league right?

It's an argument for another day when this squad actually starts performing. As it is, that kind of analysis detracts from what is actually happening. It's not the weakness of the squad causing this level of under performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Scoring and assisting is the very reason for being on the field. Nani can waste 9 chances but if he is also getting assists then he deserves to stay on the field, for the simple reason that Valencia will never create 9 chances to waste.

Well I think it does considering no one else has really provided a spark. That goal is important.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah think so - actually much better then the usual Setanta crew.

Just switched to ESPN Caribbean & these guys on Setanta must be working solely for them.

Like you I'm much happier with these guys rather than the usual tripe they have on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shawcross, what a ****.

Adnan, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No but those players get dropped. Moyes has alot of players to choose from, lots of players who won the league at a canter last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Let's say you don't rate the squad. Still the 3rd best in the league right?

Its not so long ago that people on here were crowing about this being Utds best squad of all time .

Alot of players are badly out of form and need a good boot up the hole.

Its not so long ago that people on here were crowing about this being Utds best squad of all time .

Alot of players are badly out of form and need a good boot up the hole.
    I still think it's a very strong squad. But that debate is for another day. it's not relevant to what's going on now.

2 footed??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Come on Rooney.

• Advertisement

Scoring and assisting is the very reason for being on the field. Nani can waste 9 chances but if he is also getting assists then he deserves to stay on the field, for the simple reason that Valencia will never create 9 chances to waste.
    Well I think it does considering no one else has really provided a spark. That goal is important.

Wasting chances and conceding possesion so easily in midfield and giving Stoke a chance at a goal, no, Adnan has already shown he would not waste to much.

And he didn't get the assist, it was Rooney. At his age, wasting 9 chances is not good enough, not at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dreadful free kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To think at 12 midday, i had predicted a 4-0 victory for United on the Super 6

I still think it's a very strong squad. But that debate is for another day. it's not relevant to what's going on now.

It is a strong squad. You cannot underemphasise the effect that having a ****e midfield will have on players in other areas of the field, and lets face it, United have an utterly ****e midfield.

Get the **** off Nani.

• Advertisement

YES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

boos for nani

Jesus that is poor from the crowd. I know he's not had a good game but bloody hell that's deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Maybe United can actually put a corner in that beats the first man yeah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Disgraceful reaction from the fans for Nani.

Wasting chances and conceding possesion so easily in midfield and giving Stoke a chance at a goal, no, Adnan has already shown he would not waste to much.

And he didn't get the assist, it was Rooney. At his age, wasting 9 chances is not good enough, not at United.

You are right. It would be far better to have Valencia doing absolutely nothing than to have Nani wasting chances.

Come on Reds

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

#SaveUsJanuzaj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Disgraceful reaction from the fans.

Last thing a player lacking confidence needs tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Didnt he put the cross in for Rooney for the goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Gobsh!tes booing Nani. Who created the goal again?

Here come the disgraceful comments, more like disgraceful performance should be playing like a senior player a this stage and not being so wasteful.

Nani might annoy the hell out of me but I'd never boo the lad off the pitch.

Disgraceful.

The fans were booing because he came off, right?

You are right. It would be far better to have Valencia doing absolutely nothing than to have Nani wasting chances.

I disagree, it would be better to have Adnan and have noone wasting chances.

Nolars wrote: »
    Here come the disgraceful comments, more like disgraceful performance should be playing like a senior player a this stage and not being so wasteful.

He set up the goal in fairness to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

To be honest do u blame the fans? Where the same here.

The last few weeks have been bollox and now its starting to set in how bad things are getting.

The fans are getting fed up.

That_Guy wrote: »
    He set up the goal in fairness to him.

Stupid attitude to have oh 1 good cross is ok we will forget about the 10 bad passes tho.

Nothing from United in the second half so far here...

No spark at all.... very worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

To be honest do u blame the fans? Where the same here.

The last few weeks have been bollox and now its starting to set in how bad things are getting.

The fans are getting fed up.

Yes i do blame them. I have been slating Nani's performance on here, but to boo a player off the pitch is another matter.

Advertisement