Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Monday

Options
  • 26-10-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I work part time in a shop. This shop is always closed on bank holidays. On the Rota the shop is marked as a bank holiday and all staff are off. This is the norm. The shop does not open on Bank Holidays.

I arrived in work this morning and was informed (by a trainee) that the rota had been changed yesterday at some point. The shop is now open and I am rostered for Monday. No manager called me or emailed me to tell me that there was a policy change or a rota change, I was told by another part time staff member who was equally surprised that the shop was open.

I've made plans on Monday as the shop is always closed, I will not be available to work. I've text and emailed the manager multiple times to this effect but no one has gotten back to me?

Is it understandable of me to say that I cannot work this Monday?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FreeCarAdvice

Hi, I work part time in a shop. This shop is always closed on bank holidays. On the Rota the shop is marked as a bank holiday and all staff are off. This is the norm. The shop does not open on Bank Holidays.

I arrived in work this morning and was informed (by a trainee) that the rota had been changed yesterday at some point. The shop is now open and I am rostered for Monday. No manager called me or emailed me to tell me that there was a policy change or a rota change, I was told by another part time staff member who was equally surprised that the shop was open.

I've made plans on Monday as the shop is always closed, I will not be available to work. I've text and emailed the manager multiple times to this effect but no one has gotten back to me?

Is it understandable of me to say that I cannot work this Monday?

Thanks

Hmm why don't you ring your manager/supervisor instead of texting? At least you will have attempted to discuss the matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Custom and practice are your friends, have a google.

Advertisement