Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College as a mature student

Options
  • 26-10-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I dropped out of University after doing my first year due to illness. My drop out date was October 2010. I now want to go to College as a mature student. Does the 5 year rule still apply to me if I want to get a grant ( if you return to College after at least five years you are eligible again for free fees) or does it not matter since I will be applying as a mature student?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

The 5 year rule applies. You don't get a clean slate just because you turn mature

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

If you have only done first year, then you should only have to pay fees for first year, and then you should be entitled to free fees and grant (income permitting) from 2nd year on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sometimes colleges can take medical issues into account.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement