Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    In all fairness, you don't agree with Hansen and I've posted the stats which show there are better options available at Rooney's price so I can't see what your point is with continuing to post?

This is a terribly arrogant post if you don't mind me saying, no offence like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

You know what any of the other strikers scored and what price he was compared to others?

Drogba scored 29 goals and 10 assists.
    Tevez 23 goals, 7 assists.

Your stats appear wrong too. This lists Rooney as 26 goals, 3 assists.

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/21046/wayne-rooney?cc=5739

Well the FPL site says 6 assists, so I'd imagine that's who we'd be interested in

243q8uo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Your stats appear wrong too. This lists Rooney as 26 goals, 3 assists.

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/21046/wayne-rooney?cc=5739

I only got the stats from the FPL site itself. So ya, it must be wrong. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    I only got the stats from the FPL site itself. So ya, it must be wrong. :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware they could be pulled off it like that. My apologies. In fairness, there's not much use posting Rooney's stats without those of others.

My point re him is that a better use of your budget is generally always available.

To put Rooney's points in perspective that year, he scored 224 points that year and cost 12 million. Darren Bent cost 7 million and scored 195.

I can't get Tevez or Drogba's stats as they have left the league but Drogba definitely would of out scored him.

The top scoring player that year was Lampard. 284 points. 60 more than Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

with regard rooney Ive never really had him in my team in seasons gone by and still dont this year. However he is favourably priced this year and seems to be the first name on moyes teamsheet so I would see him as a good option this year. For now I prefer aguero who I'll get in for sturridge. But like others have mentioned I can see myself with a strikeforce of suarez, rooney, aguero at some stage in the future. Maybe I should go into politics I think I have managed to agree with all sides in this debate;)

with regard rooney Ive never really had him in my team in seasons gone by and still dont this year. However he is favourably priced this year and seems to be the first name on moyes teamsheet so I would see him as a good option this year. For now I prefer aguero who I'll get in for sturridge. But like others have mentioned I can see myself with a strikeforce of suarez, rooney, aguero at some stage in the future. Maybe I should go into politics I think I have managed to agree with all sides in this debate;)

I'm looking at Suarez, Aguero and Lukaku myself.

I still think a more expensive mid like Walcott, Hazard, Michu or Oscar will come forward and stake a claim like Ozil has.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm looking at Suarez, Aguero and Lukaku myself.

I still think a more expensive mid like Walcott, Hazard, Michu or Oscar will come forward and stake a claim like Ozil has.

Ill have suarez aguero lukaku from next week. Over the xmas period I maybe looking at rooney as moyes seems to play him every minute possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

With Eriksen not starting today he's definitely getting the boot this week. Looking at his clubmate Townsend for his replacement. Also debating whether to get Aguero in, depends on what happens today I suppose but more than likely will get him in ahead of the Norwich game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Eriksen out.

But for who -- Oscar, Hazard or Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Eriksen not playing again today. Had kept patience with him, but today was the last straw!

Thinking of getting Suarez in for Sturridge next week , so max I can spend on a replacement for Eriksen is 6.4, thinking one from Lallana, Morrison or Brady.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Eriksen out.

But for who -- Oscar, Hazard or Silva?

Bit of a toss of a coin really, guess wait and see how they get on today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Junancy in...Barkley out. I didn't really need to change anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

FearDark wrote: »

:confused:

Eriksen not playing again today. Had kept patience with him, but today was the last straw!

Thinking of getting Suarez in for Sturridge next week , so max I can spend on a replacement for Eriksen is 6.4, thinking one from Lallana, Morrison or Brady.

Any suggestions?

I'd go with Lallana. He reminds me of Charlie Adam at Blackpool a few seasons back this year.

A huge amount of Southampton's play involves him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

FearDark wrote: »
    I think you might mean Januzaj?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I have Giroud, Suarez, and Sturridge. My plan was to get Aguero in for Sturridge, but am now leaning towards a Giroud/Aguero transfer. I hate letting Giroud go, as I've had from the start, and he's been good to me :) But Liverpool have pretty good fixtures ahead, after the Arsenal game. If I make this transfer, I'll be left with just Ramsey. Any thoughts?

My options are:
    Aguero/Suarez/Sturridge
    Aguero/Suarez/Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jma wrote: »
    I have Giroud, Suarez, and Sturridge. My plan was to get Aguero in for Sturridge, but am now leaning towards a Giroud/Aguero transfer. I hate letting Giroud go, as I've had from the start, and he's been good to me :) But Liverpool have pretty good fixtures ahead, after the Arsenal game. If I make this transfer, I'll be left with just Ramsey. Any thoughts?

My options are:
    Aguero/Suarez/Sturridge
    Aguero/Suarez/Giroud

I'd go with the second option, you already have suarez so will still have Liverpool cover for these fixtures and giroud is in good form and has no real competition for places.
    I suppose you could also argue, neither does sturridge have any real competition in the system Liverpool play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'd go with the second option, you already have suarez so will still have Liverpool cover for these fixtures and giroud is in good form and has no real competition for places.
    I suppose you could also argue, neither does sturridge have any real competition in the system Liverpool play.

Fully agreed, Giroud is as nailed on as you can get and is in a team that creates chance after chance plus you have great Liverpool coverage in Suarez.

Ashley Williams will most likely be that second defender in having played today...4.8 is a great price too and just enough to squeeze Aguero in...or Torres now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Who do ye think I should get?
    Lallana or Ramsey in for Michu?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Thinking about getting Lallana for Oscar..

I have ozil,ramsey,barkley and januzaj atm

Anyone else i should be considering?

1.4m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Aguero, Baines, Hazard in. 4pt hit

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Is it worth a points hit to do michu and giroud out for Ageuro and Silva ? just enough in the back to do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

G1032 wrote: »

Neither, I think Michu has a kinder fixture run than both of those so it would depend on who else you had from SOU/ARS.
    I also have Michu but considering moving him on for Oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ben Arfa out, Ramsey in. Sunderland - Newcastle was terrible to watch, and I don't want any of their players involved in my team tbh.

• Advertisement

Todays result means Kun cannot be rested, I'm getting him in for Giroud, gonna downgrade Vert to Vlaar of Villa(current thinking anyway)

I'm going to watch MOTD later but pretty certain I'll be doing Lukaku and Vidic out for Ashley Williams and Aguero. Just enough cash to do it....will be for a -8 hit but should set me up for a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney out Aguero in, done already.

Not sure if i will take a hit this week, looking to downgrade my defence now but selling Zab is pointless,Terry same so possible sale of Coleman for a cheap defender,4.5 or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rooney and Barkley out, Aguero and Morrison in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Michu has to go but for who is the question! Looking at oscar or lallana right now... I know for a fact the minute i sell Michu he'll find form again but its not worth having that much tied up in a player waiting for him to find form again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Michu has to go but for who is the question! Looking at oscar or lallana right now... I know for a fact the minute i sell Michu he'll find form again but its not worth having that much tied up in a player waiting for him to find form again!
    I have him AND eriksen ! And want Aguero. Given that Suarez Rooney and Giroud accounted for most of my points I'm probably crazy to consider moving for aguero first especially as it involves a point hit . I really shud just ditch eriksen and leave it at that......
    Next week could be a pivotal week..... Points hit will be decisive .....for the better or worse remains to be seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Did Giroud to Aguero about 2 hours ago and I'm already bricking it. Have Ozil and Ramsey so I should be alright.

I also want to get Lallana in, who would people transfer out out of Ramsey, Barkley and Januzaj? Also have Brady but I may hang onto him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

THFC wrote: »
    Did Giroud to Aguero about 2 hours ago and I'm already bricking it. Have Ozil and Ramsey so I should be alright.

I also want to get Lallana in, who would people transfer out out of Ramsey, Barkley and Januzaj? Also have Brady but I may hang onto him.

Januzaj if it was my call.

THFC wrote: »

Januzaj without question IMO.

I just did Sturridge to Aguero myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Januzaj without question IMO.

I just did Sturridge to Aguero myself.
    Barkley !!! Tougher fixtures. Taken off. And Januzaj changed the game when he came on yday. He will start next week without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right fellow Michu owners, the big question. Would transferring him out for a hit be a panic move, esp with the Wales derby coming up?

I'd probably lean towards holding him but his price is certain to drop this week maybe even tonight. Had planned to get Kompany in for Merts for a hit, and that is more likely to pay for itself as Liverpool ain't getting a CS at Arsenal and if City with Kompany can't get a CS at home to Norwich it's really time to shoot Joe Hart.

But a couple of points price drop on michu will mess up some plans. Chose him over Oscar 2 weeks ago and if I shift him that would be the swap.

What are ye all doing, hold or out?

donglen wrote: »
    Neither, I think Michu has a kinder fixture run than both of those so it would depend on who else you had from SOU/ARS.
    I also have Michu but considering moving him on for Oscar.

Michu has to go. I need to fund my Sturridge - Aguero transfer. TBH he'd be going anyway. Have him since GW4 and he's been a disaster.

I'm a click away from bringing in Lallana. The Ramsey ship sailed and left me behind long ago.

FHFC wrote: »
    Right fellow Michu owners, the big question. Would transferring him out for a hit be a panic move, esp with the Wales derby coming up?

I'd probably lean towards holding him but his price is certain to drop this week maybe even tonight. Had planned to get Kompany in for Merts for a hit, and that is more likely to pay for itself as Liverpool ain't getting a CS at Arsenal and if City with Kompany can't get a CS at home to Norwich it's really time to shoot Joe Hart.

But a couple of points price drop on michu will mess up some plans. Chose him over Oscar 2 weeks ago and if I shift him that would be the swap.

What are ye all doing, hold or out?

Out. He's had his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If there were no other issues with my team I'd consider getting Michu out - mainly because of his price.

Michu has to go. I need to fund my Sturridge - Aguero transfer. TBH he'd be going anyway. Have him since GW4 and he's been a disaster.

I'm a click away from bringing in Lallana. The Ramsey ship sailed and left me behind long ago.

With the Saints upcoming fixtures Lallana could look much less appealing within 2 weeks, I couldn't recommend it unless you're happy to use another transfer on him soon again or put up with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Second freebie done. Giroud > Augero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Struggling to decide between Lallana and Townsend for Eriksen's replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

worried i only have one united and one chelsea and no spurs, gonna have to fix that in the coming weeks

With the Saints upcoming fixtures Lallana could look much less appealing within 2 weeks, I couldn't recommend it unless you're happy to use another transfer on him soon again or put up with him.

I noticed that he has a couple of tough fixtures coming up alright but f*** it I've gone and brought him in. I've just a small bit of cleaning up to do now, namely getting Whittaker out and possibly Nastasic out too. If needs be I can dump Lallana in a couple of weeks. Might get Dawson in for Nastasic next week and leave the Whittaker transfer until the week after

I'm sick that I paid 9m for Michu but as it stands I'm going to give him a bit more time as I've more pressing concerns, I still think Eriksen will win his place back but I'm not so sure he's the player I thought he'd be, the English league is a lot tougher than the Dutch I guess. I've already done mine to stop losing so much value.

Eriksen and Giroud(fixtures) out

Aguero and Townsend in.

Raf32 wrote: »
    worried i only have one united and one chelsea and no spurs, gonna have to fix that in the coming weeks

Don't think having only one United is a worry at all. Wouldn't have any of their defenders or midfielders and there are so many great striker options that not having Rooney is not a big deal.

I'm sick that I paid 9m for Michu but as it stands I'm going to give him a bit more time as I've more pressing concerns, I still think Eriksen will win his place back but I'm not so sure he's the player I thought he'd be, the English league is a lot tougher than the Dutch I guess. I've already done mine to stop losing so much value.

Eriksen and Giroud(fixtures) out

Aguero and Townsend in.

Same here. He's gone now though. Today was last chance saloon.

Am I the only person who isn't too concerned with Michu just yet? :eek:

If in another 2 weeks he's done nothing I can expect the itchy feet but for now it's not an issue for me. Obviously if one or two of Hazard, Oscar or Silva rampage in the next 2 weeks it may be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I might be mad, but I've just taken out Sturridge for Torres. Will move Rooney out for Suarez after the Arsenal game.

Still have Brady, Ben Arfa and Townsend in the middle, none of which I'm particularly sold on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I might be mad, but I've just taken out Sturridge for Torres. Will move Rooney out for Suarez after the Arsenal game.

Still have Brady, Ben Arfa and Townsend in the middle, none of which I'm particularly sold on.

Bit early for differential gambles don't you think?

Advertisement