Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    My Spurs trio of Dawson, Vertonghen and Soldado have served me well the past two weeks but I think now is the time to take the hatchet to them. I have 2 free transfers and my thinking is Aguero in for Soldado, plus Terry in for Vertonghen.

That would give me:

Boruc - Mignolet

Terry - Dawson - Coleman - Clyne - Chester

Ozil - Ramsey - Michu - Brady - Ward-Prowse

Aguero - Lukaku - Suarez

I would have 0.1 in the bank. My other option is Vertonghen to someone like Williams of Swansea - giving me a rotatable backline and 1.7 in the bank.

Team is very similar to mine. Same goalkeepers & defence. You have Ramsey Michu WP, I have Hazard Kasami & AJ. Same upfront you have Lukaku I am getting Rooney in for Giroud.

I like your midfield but you have no Utd cover. My only worry as they have some lovely fixtures coming up.

I have the same conundrum regarding Mig & Coleman. Going to downgrade there and upgrade MF ASAP. Have taken a hit this week though to get rid of Moses & Barkley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Sturridge out for Aguero for a 4 point hit anyone? Or wait 'til next week for a FT? I have Giroud and Suarez also.

Who is your 3rd striker? And do you have city cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Boruc/Westwood

Zabaleta/Coleman/Kosielny/Turner/Turner (one Norwich and one Cardiff)

Oscar/Cazorla/Amalifatano/Whittingham/Paulinho

Suarez/Lukaku/Rooney

Im thinking Aguero for Rooney, want to get rid of Paulinho but no idea who to bring in. Have about .5m in the bank

Have 2 transfers so wont be taking a points hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Boruc/Westwood

Zabaleta/Coleman/Kosielny/Turner/Turner (one Norwich and one Cardiff)

Oscar/Cazorla/Amalifatano/Whittingham/Paulinho

Suarez/Lukaku/Rooney

Im thinking Aguero for Rooney, want to get rid of Paulinho but no idea who to bring in. Have about .5m in the bank

Have 2 transfers so wont be taking a points hit

0.5 in the bank after Rooney -> Aguero or before?
    If it's after and you have 7.5 to play with, the I've a feeling Mirallas might be worth a punt at 7.2...that'd leave you with 3 EVE so it might be too much reliance on them.
    Alternatively, you could go for someone like Brady and bag the cash for elsewhere, upgrading Cazorla to Ozil for eg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Found this interesting .
    http://eplindex.com/43496/goal-involvement-stats-ramsey-suarez-lukaku-aguero-remy.html
    Goal Involvement Stats

There have been some interesting statistics on Twitter of late about “Goals Involved” in. This is when you divide the minutes played by the total goals and assists of a player to show how often they’ve been involved in a goal for their respective side.

Goal-Involvement.png

As you can see Luis Suarez has been in blistering form since returning from his ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic. The debates have begun again about whether Luis Suarez is the best player in the Premier League. If you take his controversial side aside and judge him for his football, there is enough evidence to suggest this especially with his six goals and one assist so far this season.

His team-mate Daniel Sturridge is also included in the Top 5 players involved in a goal. Sturridge has scored in 8 out of 9 Premier League games for Liverpool this season and also has two assists to his name.

Sergio Aguero is in second place and has been deadly of late scoring goals for fun – he has seven goals so far this season as well as two goal assists.

Romelu Lukaku has been showing Chelsea fans exactly what they’ve been missing in the early parts of the season scoring for fun at Everton and creating a goal too. He’ll be aiming to beat his tally at West Brom last season and try to reach 20 goals for the first time in England this season.

Loic Remy was quite high on this list a few weeks ago and then Alan Pardew persisted in playing him out wide which has affected his numbers somewhat. He now sits in 5th place just below Sturridge and edging out Aaron Ramsey.

Without a doubt one of the players of the season has been Aaron Ramsey, five goals and four assists have propelled him up to sixth whilst his team mate Olivier Giroud has also matched him in terms of goals and assists but has played more minutes and therefore drops to seventh.

Making up the top ten are Manchester City’s David Silva, Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko. All three come in around the 97-101 mins per goal involvement and having four players in the Top 10 shows that Manchester City, as top scorers in the division, carry a lot of threat and they haven’t even started to play Jovetic as of yet!

You can find the full numbers below. If you do wish to re-use these numbers please do credit this article and our twitter account: @eplindex

Note: The players listed below are those that have played a minimum of 270 minutes so far in the Premier League (note only Premier League goals and assists have been counted).

Goal-Involvement-So-Far-2013-14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Happy to see my strikers in at 1,2 and 3 on that index!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

carraig2 wrote: »
    Who is your 3rd striker? And do you have city cover?

Sturridge, Suarez and Giroud. No City cover at the moment. As said though I'd be taking a bit to get Aguero in for Giroud/Sturridge. Definetly keeping Suarez so...

Sturridge, Suarez and Giroud. No City cover at the moment. As said though I'd be taking a bit to get Aguero in for Giroud/Sturridge. Definetly keeping Suarez so...

Yeah I saw that after I posted. Bit of a beer head on me.
    I be on for that transfer. Trying to get Aguero in too and city have great fixtures.
    I think go for it.

Anyone else here agree?
    Or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

What is the majority thought over Michu? He has been a major let down since i brought him in and have been holding onto him purely based on last seasons form and am terrified of letting him go as i know he will start banging them in as soon as i do! "standard!"

That said i'm bored off my tits in work and might just take a 4 point hit to transfer him out for Hazard :P

What is the majority thought over Michu? He has been a major let down since i brought him in and have been holding onto him purely based on last seasons form and am terrified of letting him go as i know he will start banging them in as soon as i do! "standard!"

That said i'm bored off my tits in work and might just take a 4 point hit to transfer him out for Hazard :P

Seems he's leaving the "standard" banging in to the Europa League this year pal, so far anyway :)

That said, Swansea's next few fixtures, bar City of course are as delicious as they are tasty.

Just realised my opinion will be of no use to u and is leaving you with even more of a selection headache :D Sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He has been scoring goals just not in the competitions we need him to. Im going to hold for now. Im hoping his form will pick up as he Id like to keep him over the xmas period as he never gets rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Debating holding onto Michu, might dump him for Hazard next week.

Seems he's leaving the "standard" banging in to the Europa League this year pal, so far anyway :)

That said, Swansea's next few fixtures, bar City of course are as delicious as they are tasty.

Just realised my opinion will be of no use to u and is leaving you with even more of a selection headache :D Sorry :(
    He has been scoring goals just not in the competitions we need him to. Im going to hold for now. Im hoping his form will pick up as he Id like to keep him over the xmas period as he never gets rested.
    roryc wrote: »
    Debating holding onto Michu, might dump him for Hazard next week.

On the basis of all three posts i will find something else to procrastinate with and leave Michu where he is for the time being! The Cardiff game is The Last Chance Saloon for the hero of last year though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If he blanks against Cardiff, he's out. I could easily ditch him before that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sold Michu this week so fully expect him to score at least twice in the derby :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If he blanks against Cardiff, he's out. I could easily ditch him before that though.

Who's on your possibilities?

I narrowed it down to him and Oscar two weeks ago and went with Oscar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »

The plan for the last 2 weeks was Vidic to Lovren (GW9) and Rooney+Michu to Aguero+Oscar or Hazard (GW10).

I'm 95% positive that I am doing Rooney to Aguero this week and I'm mulling over whether Oscar/Hazard for a hit is better than Michu.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Found this interesting .

Ah here, they've just fancied up and needlessly complicated what I did yesterday :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057069496&page=16
    PARlance wrote: »
    .....Lukaku is the 3rd best performer in FF so far this year* from what I see.
    *Based on how many minutes it has taken for him to earn each point.
    For every 10mins he plays, he has averaged 1 point, only Suarez and Aguero outperform him.

Suarez 358 mins 46 pts = 7.8 min/point
    Aguero 585 mins 64 pts = 9.1 min/point
    Lukaku 414 mins 41 pts = 10.1 min/point

Sturridge = 12.0 min/point
    Benteke = 16.9 min/point
    Ramsey = 11.6 min/point
    Brady = 13.4 min/point

I haven't looked at everyone, there are just a few that stood out to look at.

As Rabobank say, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance....

The plan for the last 2 weeks was Vidic to Lovren (GW9) and Rooney+Michu to Aguero+Oscar or Hazard (GW10).

I'm 95% positive that I am doing Rooney to Aguero this week and I'm mulling over whether Oscar/Hazard for a hit is better than Michu.

Basically exactly my situation! I pulled the trigger on Rooney to Aguero straight after the City/Chelsea game at the weekend to get in before the price rises but i'm behind in all my private leagues and having Michu consistently site there doing sweet fuck all every week is getting on my tits!

• Advertisement

The early kick off curse might prove hazardous for Eden too so I'd confidently say Michu over Hazard this weekend anyway :)

Mentioned already but any opinions on taking a hit to get Aguero in for Giroud/Sturridge or will I wait for the FT next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think I'll be keeping Michu for 2 or 3 more weeks then get Walcott in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

0.5 in the bank after Rooney -> Aguero or before?
    If it's after and you have 7.5 to play with, the I've a feeling Mirallas might be worth a punt at 7.2...that'd leave you with 3 EVE so it might be too much reliance on them.
    Alternatively, you could go for someone like Brady and bag the cash for elsewhere, upgrading Cazorla to Ozil for eg.

.5 in the bank now. Not looking at FF site till tomorrow, or I will spend ages on it and decide on nothing!! Cheers for the advice. Happy with Cazorla, as everyone seems to have Ozil and Im playing catch up in most leagues so need to do something a wee bit different

Hazard has the better pedigree after his returns last year but Mourinho seems to rate Oscar highly so that's why I went with him.

Oscar was certainly the better player last weekend. I thought Hazard was poor enough.

Aguero, Williams and Ravel Morrison in

Giroud, Ferdinand and Moses out.

Roll the dice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Giroud out, Aguero in.
    Sturridge out, Suarez in.
    4 point hit taken.

Tempted to take a further hit to try to sort out my shambolic midfield...

.5 in the bank now. Not looking at FF site till tomorrow, or I will spend ages on it and decide on nothing!! Cheers for the advice. Happy with Cazorla, as everyone seems to have Ozil and Im playing catch up in most leagues so need to do something a wee bit different

A bit late now but you should have transferred got Aguero in yesterday, he went up 0.1 last night.
    You don't seem to be in danger of losing another 0.1 tonight so safe enough to leave it till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Everyone seems to be on aguero now takes the good out of it somewhat.

Januzaj (A Fulham) or Brady (H Sunderland) ?

I feel like Brady is the logical choice considering he is at home and a certain starter but I can see Januzaj getting a big score soon and don't want to miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Think il hold onto RVP for another week as Fulham aren't much use defensively. Aguero is tempting but for a point hit its not worth it overall especially as RVP is slowly finding form. Could be this week he scores the big points (hopefully:o)

• Advertisement

irish son wrote: »
    Januzaj (A Fulham) or Brady (H Sunderland) ?

I feel like Brady is the logical choice considering he is at home and a certain starter but I can see Januzaj getting a big score soon and don't want to miss out.

Why do you see this? I don't see it myself... Yes he scored two goals against arguably the worst team in the league this season but is that all you're basing this big score on? He's not even playing full games and I can't see him being a regular fixture in the team for 90 minutes each week at any point this season. I'm sorry I don't mean to start an argument about it I usually never pipe up about any of the things that i disagree with on the forum but I don't see where all the love for him from a lot of people here is coming from really (unless you just brought him in for the price rise and well done to those who did but he is not one to hold on to!) You said it yourself Brady is the logical choice... and by a mile too! He is a guaranteed to play if fit and up until his injury was banging them in and he's on set pieces! It's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned and will be shipping Barkley out for him next week having only made that swap when Brady got injured in the first place! Brady is going to rack up far more points and is a lot more lilkey to rack up a "big score" any week then Januzaj is if even just based on game time alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Here here. I've had him a few weeks. Level playing field now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Me too and did the opposite! :p

That's what annoys me. The two of us identified him a few weeks back when everyone was going for Rooney but then he was missing so I had to take him out for Suarez.

Now everyone is getting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Was thinking of putting Torres in for sturridge this week. Anyone thing this might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have a decision to make .....stick with szecnzey for next few weeks (pool home united away saints Home) or take a 4 point hit on a goalie ! If I don't do it this week I'll just stick with him. He had been a disaster until last week and I don't see many clean sheets coming up BUT a hit for a goalie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Over 6,00 transfers in today for Brady who is struggling to be fit for the weekend.

Very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Over 6,00 transfers in today for Brady who is struggling to be fit for the weekend.

Very confusing.

Could be people downgrading to him so they can afford to upgrade to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That's what annoys me. The two of us identified him a few weeks back when everyone was going for Rooney but then he was missing so I had to take him out for Suarez.

Plenty of room over here on the Torres bandwagon!

Why do you see this? I don't see it myself... Yes he scored two goals against arguably the worst team in the league this season but is that all you're basing this big score on? He's not even playing full games and I can't see him being a regular fixture in the team for 90 minutes each week at any point this season. I'm sorry I don't mean to start an argument about it I usually never pipe up about any of the things that i disagree with on the forum but I don't see where all the love for him from a lot of people here is coming from really (unless you just brought him in for the price rise and well done to those who did but he is not one to hold on to!) You said it yourself Brady is the logical choice... and by a mile too! He is a guaranteed to play if fit and up until his injury was banging them in and he's on set pieces! It's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned and will be shipping Barkley out for him next week having only made that swap when Brady got injured in the first place! Brady is going to rack up far more points and is a lot more lilkey to rack up a "big score" any week then Januzaj is if even just based on game time alone!

Thanks, I just needed someone on here to stop me doing something that I knew was stupid.

Yeah I did mostly get Januzaj for the rises but I was hoping he would get me something points wise and what I was basing it on was his football performances so far which have been impressive though no good to Fantasy Football :(

P.S. Sorry if its unclear in my first post but its about who to start this weekend, not who to buy, Brady is by far the better long term prospect. Got Ageuro for Giroud this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Any chance that with Joe Cole back fit Ravel might see less gametime? Just throwing it out there as he came on for him against Swansea. Obviously I'm hoping not but it could be a concern in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I2b8Obg.gif

Torres bit me on Sunday so you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson :pac:

Its a very brave move but I just think there are a lot of better forward options at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Torres
    Do I or don't I?

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Torres
    Do I or don't I?

He'd still be too infuriating for me. Despite the good performance against City, he did miss an absolute sitter in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yes, I really feel your pain:P

That's the way this game is, you can't keep a form player secret. We all identify different players at different times, sometimes we get it right but within a few weeks the bandwagons start rolling. According to the FPL site Aguero still has only 15% ownership, I'm aware many will be serious players but either way he'll still work for you if he scores a couple this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Eriksson out.... for Silva

Really thought Eriksson would get more game time in the league but AVB seems to favour Holtby in the league at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Was busy this week and it seems I've missed out on a few prices changes.

Looking to ship Moses for Lallana/Januzaj. If I go with Januzaj I could afford to upgrade Giroud to Aguero for a -4 hit.

Or should I just play it safe and go with Lallana?

I've had Aguero at 2 different stages this season but he's not in the present team.
    I'm fairly sure there has been more than 2 people with their eyes on Aguero, it's not as if he came out of the blue.

It's annoying but come on, it's not the call of the century and the bandwagon is to be expected

• Advertisement

I've had Aguero at 2 different stages this season but he's not in the present team.
    I'm fairly sure there has been more than 2 people with their eyes on Aguero, it's not as if he came out of the blue.

It's annoying but come on, it's not the call of the century and the bandwagon is to be expected

Well said.

Advertisement