Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PARlance wrote: »
    I've had Aguero at 2 different stages this season but he's not in the present team.
    I'm fairly sure there has been more than 2 people with their eyes on Aguero, it's not as if he came out of the blue.

It's annoying but come on, it's not the call of the century and the bandwagon is to be expected

I had Aguero in my mind for weeks but didn't want to get him in until this gameweek. Surprised he has done so well before then (tough games vs Everton and Chelsea combined with a tricky game away to WHU), but this week sees a big swing in City's fixture list.

Combined with the fact that Aguero is by far the best captain choice this week, it's not surprising to see the transfer activity this gw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I had Aguero in my mind for weeks but didn't want to get him in until this gameweek. Surprised he has done so well before then (tough games vs Everton and Chelsea combined with a tricky game away to WHU), but this week sees a big swing in City's fixture list.

Combined with the fact that Aguero is by far the best captain choice this week, it's not surprising to see the transfer activity this gw.

So FutureGuy, you know what you are doing in this FF game.
    In your opinion is it worth taking a hit to take in Aguero for Sturridge/Giroud
    LoveBBhate and I in same quandry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    I've had Aguero at 2 different stages this season but he's not in the present team.
    I'm fairly sure there has been more than 2 people with their eyes on Aguero, it's not as if he came out of the blue.

It's annoying but come on, it's not the call of the century and the bandwagon is to be expected

The bandwagon is expected now. 3 weeks ago though the bandwagon was well and truly on Rooney.

That's when I identified Aguero and its annoying that I ended up with a -4 hit to get him back out because he missed that GW then.

My point is in reference to 3 weeks ago. Not now. The other point I'd raise is nowhere did I say that others hadn't been watching him. I just raised the point that myself and Iused2likebusts identified him as a differential back then, which he was. We both discussed how we'd expect his returns to be greater than Rooneys, which they have been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carraig2 wrote: »
    So FutureGuy, you know what you are doing in this FF game.
    In your opinion is it worth taking a hit to take in Aguero for Sturridge/Giroud
    LoveBBhate and I in same quandry

I pretend to know :D

It's a tough call man. The fact is that there are so many incredible striking options this year and I include Giroud and Sturridge on that list.

It depends on your team. For example, I don't need either Sturridge and Giroud as I have Suarez, Ozil and Ramsey. I also have Rooney as a more viable target for the transfer out - his fixtures are stiffening up after Fulham.

Can you post your team?

For me, Lukaku, Aguero and Suarez is the best strike force to compliment my team and budget.

It's a tough call man. The fact is that there are so many incredible striking options this year and I include Giroud and Sturridge on that list.

It depends on your team. For example, I don't need either Sturridge and Giroud as I have Suarez, Ozil and Ramsey. I also have Rooney as a more viable target for the transfer out - his fixtures are stiffening up after Fulham.

Can you post your team?

For me, Lukaku, Aguero and Suarez is the best strike force to compliment my team and budget.

I have Suarez, Aguero and Giroud but the plan is Lukaku for Giroud after this weekend.

That frontline is the best use of budget IMO, at present anyway.

• Advertisement

Can you post your team?

Boruc Mignolet

Ivanovic, Lovren, Turner, Turner, Toure

Michu, Ramsey, Ramires, Ozil, Kasami,

Suarez, Lukaku, Giroud

No money in the bank

I know I am weak at the back but started badly and have been playing catchup since.
    Every time i made a transfer I needed to sell 2 to buy someone decent and ended up with weaker players.

Boruc Mignolet

Ivanovic, Lovren, Turner, Turner, Toure

Michu, Ramsey, Ramires, Ozil, Kasami,

Suarez, Lukaku, Giroud

No money in the bank

I know I am weak at the back but started badly and have been playing catchup since.
    Every time i made a transfer I needed to sell 2 to buy someone decent and ended up with weaker players.

I'd see your midfield as weaker than your backline tbh. I'd be looking at shifting Ramies out. I'd also move Toure on for someone like Ashley Williams. Ivanovic, Lovren and the two Turners are fine IMO.

Michu, Ramsey, Ramires and Kasami I'd see as fine. Michu isn't delivering at the minute but may come good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Went with Negredo instead of Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This is the week Michu comes good. Also hopefully the week Rory gets a captain choice right.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd see your midfield as weaker than your backline tbh. I'd be looking at shifting Ramies out. I'd also move Toure on for someone like Ashley Williams. Ivanovic, Lovren and the two Turners are fine IMO.

Michu, Ramsey, Ramires and Kasami I'd see as fine. Michu isn't delivering at the minute but may come good.

Shifting out Ramsey? or ramires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    This is the week Michu comes good. Also hopefully the week Rory gets a captain choice right.

you captaining michu. Im considering it myself although its aguero 80 % michu 20 % in my mind at the moment.

you captaining michu. Im considering it myself although its aguero 80 % michu 20 % in my mind at the moment.

Would this not be a tough fixture enough for Swansea. Cardiff at home and it's a derby and swansea under more pressure from expectationa surely?
    I don't see this as an easy fixture for Swansea at all

Captaining Michu this week would be idiotic. I'm going to assume you were joking and lets not talk of it again.

Shifting out Ramsey? or ramires?

Sorry, was typing quick. Shift out Ramires. Ramsey is one to keep with the points he's delivering.

Sorry, was typing quick. Shift out Ramires. Ramsey is one to keep with the points he's delivering.

Yeah, thought that was what you meant.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Would this not be a tough fixture enough for Swansea. Cardiff at home and it's a derby and swansea under more pressure from expectationa surely?
    I don't see this as an easy fixture for Swansea at all

Ye its a tough enough fixture and aguero is the obvious choice. Swansea have had no midweek fixture so will be fresher than the usually are and Ive a feeling michu will score. Aguero should score more though so will probably go with the safe option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The major bonus to captaining Michu this week would be that you'd be seriously invested in the game until ten to six on Sunday, for the same reason that I hate having my captain play on Sat morning it's great to have him going into action at 4 o clock on Sunday, having said that I certainly won't be doing it this week although I'm hopeful he'll get me more than the three he's done for the past fortnight. If I didn't have Aguero I'd have to consider it though.

If you didn't have Aguero this week you would have to question your strategy! It's a no brainer imo. Last thing you want to do is go into the Sunday game with Michu needing a hat-trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've not logged into the game since the end of the last GW, so I've missed the boat on Aguero's rises. I'm in the horrors at the potential damage he could do to Norwich tomorrow so I'm contemplating getting him in, even if it does feel like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

I can do Giroud to Aguero, but to finance it I would have to sell Yaya Toure which would give me 7.4 for a midfielder. I mentioned in another thread that I don't have plans to bring in Ramsey because I already have Ozil, but is he the obvious choice in that bracket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I've not gotten in Aguero yet because I've already taken a 4 point hit this week and I'd have to get out Rooney which I don't want to do now because:
    1. United are playing (albeit Away) to a poor Fulham side
    2. BBC Football Gossip reported today that RVP has been complaining about injuries and wanting a rest so Rooney will be relied on more so
    3. Not having United attacking cover scares me
    4. I've got City attacking cover in Silva

• Advertisement

There's no such thing as cover!

(Sung to the same tune as 'You don't make friends with salad')

I don't know about the weight of the world but Kun has the weight of this forum on his shoulders.

As for Michu, he's Swansea's main man and I can see Mackay telling Medel just to spend the game picking him up. I'm hoping that will limit his returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Two free transfers this week.

Mignolet
    Fonte Ivanovic Coleman
    Sigurdsson Özil Januzaj Miralls
    Giroud Sturridge Lukaku

0.5 in bank. For sure im taking out Januzai.. Any ideas who to put in ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Two free transfers this week.

Mignolet
    Fonte Ivanovic Coleman
    Sigurdsson Özil Januzaj Miralls
    Giroud Sturridge Lukaku

0.5 in bank. For sure im taking out Januzai.. Any ideas who to put in ..?

Who're your subs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

if you have a spare transfer, Harper in as your sub keeper, Only 4mil and will play now that McGregor is out till December. Also Hull fixtures aren't too bad coming up

Now I'm not sure this'll be a problem for too many people but Alex Tettey could be out for "months" according to Hughton today. Bradley Johnson could see more game time and Howson should be assured of his now too. Fer will most likely drop back into DM. It makes the Howson express all the more exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

duffman21 wrote: »
    if you have a spare transfer, Harper in as your sub keeper, Only 4mil and will play now that McGregor is out till December. Also Hull fixtures aren't too bad coming up

Was checking the FFScout game ticker,Harper rotates well with Mignolet as well for the next 6 games

Who're your subs?

Subs are a no go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Looks like Hart's been dropped

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

A long time coming too, I'd imagine he's cost a few people on here a few clean sheets and points on more than one occasion.

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Subs are a no go

Why so? Is it because they're complete fodder or good players with bad fixtures?

With 2 free transfers I'd look at improving the bench if it's bad or at least start thinking about it as the winter period and rotation could be rife. Brady, Howson, Hazard, Sessegnon are all midfield options to look at. Suarez and Aguero could be looked at too.

Fodder, plus I want to get rid of Januzaj. Don't see him as a big time scorer/player. Was brought in to make room of ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

is it worth doing rooney to Aguero ?

already have Sturridge and Lakaku

loveBBhate wrote: »
    A long time coming too, I'd imagine he's cost a few people on here a few clean sheets and points on more than one occasion.

In fairness he was a great option towards the end of last season. I didn't get him in and missed out on a good few points because of it.

Will be interesting to see how Pantimillion (sp?) does. I didn't see the game Wednesday night but I haven't had huge confidence in him any previous time I've seen him play.

In fairness he was a great option towards the end of last season. I didn't get him in and missed out on a good few points because of it.

Will be interesting to see how Pantimillion (sp?) does. I didn't see the game Wednesday night but I haven't had huge confidence in him any previous time I've seen him play.

Agree. First second and third place in my work league had him last yr and yr before.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Not much being said about it in the City thread bar they'd be no less worried with him in than with Hart in, that he played well Wednesday but is slow? That said, I don't know how much of a goal threat Norwich will be so it might be an easy CS for him?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

who is the best replacement for hart, Boruc im thinking?

Not really. Saints have a tough run coming up.

Ya could take a punt on Harper at 4 million for a few weeks until someone else pops up. Hull have a decent next few fixtures.

Or always just go with Pantimillion. The jersey is his now to lose and City have good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Who's your sub keeper, and other defenders?

There's still too much uncertainty about Pantilimon to get him in, Boruc fixtures are getting tougher. I'd think about Jussi, nice fixtures and West Ham shown to be solid at the back.

I'm not a fan of doubling up at the back really though so if you have West Ham defender maybe someone else.

Also, if you have a playing sub keeper, maybe give it a week and see how Pantilimon gets on at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Took out Sturridge and Giroud and brought in Ageuro and Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should I bring Aguero in for Suarez for this week? Wont cost me anything as I have 2 free transfers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Should I bring Aguero in for Suarez for this week? Wont cost me anything as I have 2 free transfers

Get rid of Suarez you say? No!
    Use your 2 transfers to bring Aguero in for somebody else? Yes.

Selling Suarez would be madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Other strikers are Lukaku and Giroud who are much cheaper. Would mean down grading Ozil or Michu so I may leave it.

+1 be crazy to sell suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Stuck on a decision here lads. Should I play Townsend? and if so, who to drop??

These are my option to sub out:

Johnson (ARS)
    Koscielny (LIV)
    Barkley (TOT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not really. Saints have a tough run coming up.

Ya could take a punt on Harper at 4 million for a few weeks until someone else pops up. Hull have a decent next few fixtures.

Or always just go with Pantimillion. The jersey is his now to lose and City have good fixtures.

no sub keeper to use,not sure who to bring in,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't trust Zabaleta to play with the rotation risk due to the CL, so went with these transfers for the week since I had 2 free:

Zabaleta -> Davies (Hull)
    Giroud -> Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well fellas its the Boruc V Mig weekly conundrum. This is a decision I have made very poorly thus far (6 losses v 3 winners) Im thinking Boruc but Mig may have a shed load of saves versus the gunners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Holding onto Eriksen at the moment but him going down again and Oscar verging on a price rise makes me think to abandon ship. I could take the price hit but maybe I've just held onto Eriksen too long. Worth a 4 point hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Worth a 4 point hit for ......

Barkley
    >Brady
    Lakaku
    > Aguero

Still have Sturbridge and Rooney up front
    OR

Barkley
    >Brady
    ROONEY
    > Aguero