Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBMC and Netflix

• 26-10-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to run netflix on xbmc?

I"ve got a pc with xbmc frodo and was hoping to put a netflix addon on it,but some sources say it cant be done others say different.
    Im currently watching netflix(us) through the wii but would love to have it on my dedicated xbmc machine.
    Fairly new to this lads,so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Is there a way to run netflix on xbmc?

I"ve got a pc with xbmc frodo and was hoping to put a netflix addon on it,but some sources say it cant be done others say different.
    Im currently watching netflix(us) through the wii but would love to have it on my dedicated xbmc machine.
    Fairly new to this lads,so any help would be appreciated.

Not at the moment, there was an XBMCFlicks addon which worked on XBMC on Windows but now Netflix are revolking the public Api. There are other options, one is a launcher for XBMC which launches Netflix on Windows. The other is use PlayOn http://mymediaexperience.com/integrate-netflix-and-hulu-into-xbmc/

It may get better when Netflix switch to HTML5 for video streaming, at present it uses Silverlight which is a locked down Microsoft equivalent to Flash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Do you really need netflix with the add ons available on XBMC for tv shows and movies?

Do you really need netflix with the add ons available on XBMC for tv shows and movies?

Yes if he wants to be legal and get perfect HD quality. It's less than the price of two DVD rentals per month, so why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

smee again wrote: »
    Yes if he wants to be legal and get perfect HD quality. It's less than the price of two DVD rentals per month, so why not?

Agree with everything except bolded part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Will you be explaining whats wrong with the bolded part? Is it that you can't get full hd with the client in XBMC?

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Agree with everything except bolded part.

Better quality than the addons available on XBMC for tv shows and movies as suggested above. Bad quality on Netflix is down to your connection and your providers peering matrixes with Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

beauf wrote: »
    Will you be explaining whats wrong with the bolded part? Is it that you can't get full hd with the client in XBMC?

Sorry never mind I just did a search and apparently openconnect is no longer necessary for 1080p playback. That is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Well im paying for it anyway on the kids wii,so I was hoping to get it for my xbmc pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

You're not the only one wishing for netflix on xbmc :D

Watching it on the wii is not the same as having it integrated into xbmc.

Nice to hear about them shortly coming off silverlight as smee again was saying.
    It should only be a matter of time before its availible as a proper add on to xbmc.

Advertisement