Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Simon XT key fob not working

Options
  • 26-10-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered already! My key fob has stopped working for my GE Simon XT alarm (phonewatch). I have changed the battery within the fob and when I press the buttons the green lights display however it is not connecting to the alarm.

The alarm itself is working fine just the key fob will not work remotely. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks a million!

60-659-95R03.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Snap1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered already! My key fob has stopped working for my GE Simon XT alarm (phonewatch). I have changed the battery within the fob and when I press the buttons the green lights display however it is not connecting to the alarm.

The alarm itself is working fine just the key fob will not work remotely. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks a million!

60-659-95R03.jpg

If the unit came into contact with water it may need replacing.
    Had a issue with one a few weeks ago and that turned out to be the case.
    If you open the fob you should be able to see if there is any water damage inside the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

are you using the correct battery ? double check the voltage as the wrong battery would allow the fob to light but won't transmit the command . how old is it ?

Advertisement