If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with TV and sound system

Options
  • 26-10-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, we are looking for a TV that has wifi capability so you can watch netflix on, around a fifty inch. We don't have any channels or particularly need any. Can you recommend one from richer sounds witha price. Also looking for some way of listening to music from ahard drive or I phone in the kitchen, that possibly can be linked into the telly.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The_fever wrote: »
    Hi, we are looking for a TV that has wifi capability so you can watch netflix on, around a fifty inch. We don't have any channels or particularly need any. Can you recommend one from richer sounds witha price. Also looking for some way of listening to music from ahard drive or I phone in the kitchen, that possibly can be linked into the telly.

Any advice appreciated.
    HI Fever,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'd suggest the Panasonic TXL 50E6.  The 32" version of this got best TV under £400 in the What HiFi awards.  Really is a great TV.  Wifi built in also so all good to go for Netflix :)  Current price on this screen is £799 and includes a free 5 year guarantee also.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/search/txl50e6

For a music streaming system you've got a few options.  One of our most popular would be Sonos.  This is a great multiroom system so you could have music all over the house if you like.  This can stream music from music stored on your home network, Spotify, internet radio and from any Apple device.  For the kitchen I'd suggest the Play 1 which is currently priced at £169.95 and comes with a free Sonos Bridge which plugs into your router to send your broadband signal to all the other Sonos components.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/multi-room-components/pah011484

If you wanted to add another zone into the TV room then you could look at the Sonos Play 5 currently priced at £349.00.  This is a great stand alone speaker and again takes the signal from the Sonos Bridge to give you access to Spotify etc.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-components/sonos/play:5/sono-zps5-blk

One of the great things about Sonos is that you can have different music playing in each room.  You could have internet radio playing in the kitchen, and then Spotify in the living room.  This can all be controlled by the free Sonos app available on both Apple and Android.  Really is a great system :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Thanks Kenny - I will review

Thanks Kenny - I will review
    Hi again,

No problem at all.

If you need anymore info just let me know.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Chris, I like the look of tv, how can you get it to Wicklow ? Do you deliver and is there any costs in delivery and when could we expect it ? Thanks

Chris, I like the look of tv, how can you get it to Wicklow ? Do you deliver and is there any costs in delivery and when could we expect it ? Thanks
    HI Fever,

Nice chatting to ya on the phone.

Let us know if you'd like to go for the screen :)

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi there
    Do you sell the humax freeview set top box please for recieveing saorview and freeview on the border counties in the republic of Ireland ? Thinking the fox t2 500gig one?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately we only have 1 of the Humax Fox T2 boxes left and it's a Graded one.

It's priced at £149.95 with delivery at £12.99.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr-foxt2-graded/huma-fox-t2-500gb-gr

There is a new model which has just appeared and so far has not made it into the store.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr2000t-500gb/huma-hdr2000t-500gb

This is priced at £179.95 and delivery would be the same.

These are available from the main warehouse so we could ship one directly to you.

I hope this helps, but I will say that unfortunately due to the nature of TV signals we cannot guarantee that all channels will be available...don't you hate disclaimers !

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.