Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to have a credit card

Options
  • 26-10-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there!

Im spanish, and Im here since 8 months. Im working since 6 months in here, and I have a good job.

I would like to know if I could have a credit card, or wich are the necessary steps to do it. I know that I need to open and account in the bank first for have it, but my point if is possible for a foreign with a normal job to have it. Im waiting news. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

kaos13 wrote: »
    Hi there!

Im spanish, and Im here since 8 months. Im working since 6 months in here, and I have a good job.

I would like to know if I could have a credit card, or wich are the necessary steps to do it. I know that I need to open and account in the bank first for have it, but my point if is possible for a foreign with a normal job to have it. Im waiting news. Thank you so much!
    as a foreign living here since 2007 i can tell that it is extremly difficult to get a credit card in any institution without being a long term customer of that bank or having previous loan and good ICB credit rating.

Generally banks want to see that you deposit your salary atleast 6months to their bankaccount and generally manage your account well.

It took a year for me to get a credit card, and surprise, i got it from Tesco Bank. Boi declined me straight away even if i had my acc. with them from beginning (salary 30k+, good account management, but blank ICB record).

Now when  i have had the credit card for a while, and i have managed my payments, i dont have any difficulties to get credit if needed (took a bankloan earlier this year).

But im not saying that they are declining your application, as the reps here are going to advice, you can contact the bank to discuss the requrements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi kaos13.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we hope you are enjoying your time here in Ireland.

As with all applications, credit card applications are assessed on a case by case basis. You may apply for one online here, where you will also find information on the different types of credit cards we offer. Alternatively you can apply over the phone by calling 0818 200 334 or in your local branch, where a representative will be happy to process an application for you.

Contact details for all our Bank of Ireland branches can be found here.

We hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.
    Best of luck with your application.
    Laura

Advertisement