Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I update my AMD driver on my Toshiba laptop?

Options
  • 26-10-2013 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm actually very confused at the moment.

I've been trying all morning to update the graphics driver for my laptop (Toshiba l855-15u with AMD Radeon HD7670M (no switchable graphics as far as I'm aware)) and I really can't understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Catalyst Control Centre has never worked on the laptop, it keeps telling me there's no setting to configure which I presume meant that it wasn't recognising my card and/or I needed to update my drivers, so I finally tried to do that today..

But anyway, I first tried downloading drivers from AMD, but these weren't installing so I delved into tomshardware threads and other such websites and discovered that I'm supposed to download the drivers from Toshiba, the problem that arises here is that my laptop model doesn't seem to be in their database (when I enter my model a few similar l855's come up, but not the 15u), so I decided to just download one of the similar drivers, this downloaded fine and extracted the files as it should, then I was asked to give permission for it to make changes, so I obliged, and then it just decided to forget it was ever supposed to install and nothing else happened.

So, about 25 minutes ago I downloaded an uninstall tool from AMD to get rid of the Catalyst Control Centre and any other drivers from them that I thought might possibly be affecting me. Then about 10 minutes ago it made my screen flash on and off and just not work, and this happened another few times after I turned it on and off and eventually it turned on as normal, but thankfully it does seem to have done its job and got rid of the drivers...

So now I am completely and utterly lost as to what I'm supposed to do. Do I need to download from AMD or Toshiba? If from Toshiba, what am I supposed to do about my model not being on the list?

TL;DR: I wasted all morning trying to download drivers and none worked. How do I update them?

Comments

Advertisement