Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 306 hdi

Options
  • 26-10-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi i recently bought peugot 306 hdi, it seems a total genuine car, Irish car with 2 owners and lots of service history. I've had a few golf tdi (110bhp and 115bhp) in the the past and i know they'd be more powerful than the 306 hdi but i did think i the acceleration on the hdi would be better, it seems rather sluggish, i've driven it at 80 mph top speed so far but it just doesnt seem to have the poke from it i thought there'd be, is this normal for a 306 hdi?? also the clutch is awful heavy, almost like a leg workout, i was told by some people thats the way the clutches are on them and was wondering is this true also??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Is this hatchback, saloon or estate?

2.0 HDI engine provides 90BHP.

Hatchback - top speed 182km/h, 0-100km/h - 13s.
    Saloon - top speed 178km/h, 0-100km/h - 13.5s.
    Estate - top speed 181km/h, 0-100km/h - 13.2s.

Indeed it doesn't look like fast a furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Clutch is always heavy on them! A simple remap will give you 125 bhp, or an intercooler and bigger turbo/pump up to 200 bhp. I recommend www.pug306.net for your questions, great little community and a number of edc15 ecu experts are members.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 westie139

its a 3 door hatchback. Ya i just wanted to confirm that about the clutch, someone was saying to spray some wd40 on the cable to lighten it up. Remap's are exspenive and cause alot of problems do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rufio777

hdi 90's are fairly dead to be honest, the older Dt engines felt much pokier. it will never feel like a 110 vag

loose the cat, decent air filter and a remap should free it up a little bit, but if you want a fast car, you bought the wrong one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

westie139 wrote: »
    its a 3 door hatchback. Ya i just wanted to confirm that about the clutch, someone was saying to spray some wd40 on the cable to lighten it up. Remap's are expensive and cause alot of problems do they not?

The cable can get stiff but its the diaphragm spring that causes the heaviness im afraid usually.
    If you head where I said, its the main hub of tuning for these engine, they are incredibly strong and a remap will cause no problems at all for you (min is over 200 bhp atm). It is also quite cheap for members (£80) for a basic remap as this is where alot of the file testing etc is done. I wouldnt recommend anyone in Ireland to do the job

• Advertisement
Advertisement