Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London

Options
  • 26-10-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm after receving a job offer in Hendon, London.

Just wondering if anyone knows the Hendon area in particular as regards accommodation/social scene/area in general.

Is it a nice area and if not where is nearby, thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm sure there's a UK forum on here. I'd get the thread moved over there.

FWIW - I'm from London (albeit South London). Hendon is a nice area, and very quiet. It'll be easy enough to get to the West End via Tube as Hendon Central's on the Northern Line. The ride is about 30-35 minutes.

Socially, as it's a mature area it might be a bit quiet for you. There's a few nice pubs and bars, but not much else. If you want a kicking scene, then Camden Town/Chalk Farm aren't far and can be reached on the same Northern Line Tube. Very well served for buses too, so you can easily get to Watford if you fancy going further afield.

Are you looking for a flatshare or are you renting alone? Have a look at Loot or RightMove might be good places to start.

HTH and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PixarSketch

Thank you ABajaninCork, everything i wanted in one post, brilliant, will check those sites out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Its handy for the RAF museum which is free entrance, and the met police collage, properly useless in formation, but if your bored one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PixarSketch

All info welcomed SCOOP 64, you'd never know when i might need a cop with a Spitefire :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I'm after receving a job offer in Hendon, London.

Just wondering if anyone knows the Hendon area in particular as regards accommodation/social scene/area in general.

Is it a nice area and if not where is nearby, thanks in advance

Check out London forum on the Region page

• Advertisement
Advertisement